TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
If I Remember Correctly, TiVo does record special events and short videos of things that show up in your recordings. The recordings are from random channels, but are actually related to either TiVo material, or are actually promos and such, like a 5 minute recap of some series you have that's about to start a new season. When the recording's done, it should show up in your recording list as what it really is.

TiVo used to do it a lot - they'd actually rent time on a channel to air their program, just so that your TiVo could record it.

It's been a while, but I've caught it doing just that with my TiVos over the years.

Also, do you have your TiVo recording suggested programs? Mine gets a bit wonky every so often and starts recording stuff I'd never watch.
What you've posted sounds very familiar from several years back. I recall seeing the red record light on at very early hours (3am or so) even though I had not programmed anything to record. Turned out, I believe that was how TiVo did its Channel Guide updates.
With regard to this ghost recording issue, I experienced the same problem. So, last night (7-4-2022) I removed (unchecked in channel list) all C-Span channels from the guide and then cancelled all C-Span scheduled recordings in my "To Do" list. Today, nothing strange has happened. No odd recordings are in my To Do list and no C-Span recordings overnight. So, so far so good. For what it's worth, we have three devices, two Bolts and one Premiere. Only the Bolts were impacted by this phenomenon.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am 100% sure it is not a TiVo employee pushing out a leftist agenda.

How do I know that? Because the idea is absurd.
My Cape has a point. Until he mentioned the actual content that was recorded, I didn't pay much attention to it. I was solely focused on the fact that, in my case, it was all C-SPAN channels. But he is right. The content was all left-leaning. That's a fact. No tin-foil hat accusations were necessary. I'll bet if it was Fox News that had been ghost recorded, there would be all kinds of accusations being made toward TiVo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts