TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a TIVO unit for my Mom and I need some help on a model and possibly a bargain. Here are some of the details:

She lives in Southeastern Connecticut.

She has COMCAST, but I don't like the Scientific Atlantic (or whatever it is) DVR that comcast rents to you for 10.00, plus charges you another 10.00 for the crappy service.

Will the TIVO pick up all of the channels? My concern is that some of the channels are analog, and others are digital. All she really needs is the basic 45-50.00 channel lineup.

Is there an awesome unit out there for under 300.00 that gets the "BASIC" Tivo service for free?

Any responses would be appreciated.

Willie1961

·
I'm back!
36,151 Posts
The TiVo won't tune the digital channels on its own. If she wants to receive the digital channels some sort of cable box will still be required. The TiVo can control the cable box, so they will (mostly) coexist.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The Toshibas included lifetime TiVo Basic and a DVD player. TiVo Basic though only allows use like a VCR, none of the other features of the regular TiVo plus subscription which allow for much easier and flexible programming ($12.95/mo or $299 for lifetime).

Any model TiVo out there will work fine with your Comcast cable box which is either analog or digital (can't be both). If your box receives digital channels then it is 100% digital.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.