TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Comcast/Xfinity. They just raised their prices on DVR service. I finally got Comcast to give me a cable card. I have dusted off my Premiere and ran all the setups about 12 times. Unplug this, wait, plug this, unplug that, etc. Still getting Error S02 no matter what I do. Card is already activated at Comcast. Called in to TIVO. They don't provide support, but have a Black Friday deal for the edge with lifetime service. I have that with my Premiere. What am I doing wrong? I am not savvy about the 57? or the KS---? I really don't want to purchase the Edge if I will have same problem as I am having with my Premiere. I have a Net Gear Nighthawk. HDMI to TV
Thank you

· TDL shepherd
17,753 Posts
Sounds like a Kickstart 76543210 is in order. I have no idea how to do it, but you can probably search the forum for the answer. Good luck.
It helped this poster:

· TDL shepherd
17,753 Posts
I went to WeaKnees website. The chat said that error code (S02) is a bad hard drive. So I ordered a new hard drive. Fingers crossed that it works
The linked posts also suggest disconnecting the box from the network for a few days, to give the box time to process new data … and avoid subsequent data connections endlessly restarting the process.

· Registered
1,804 Posts
I found this somewhere years ago. Can't vouch for it but thought I'd share...

Service Connection Failed Errors

If your TiVo DVR experiences service connection failures after it has downloaded data, one of the following messages will display:

Service connection failed while expanding (S01, S301, or D01)
Service connection failed while preparing (S02, S302, or D02)
Service connection failed while loading (S03, S303, or D03)
Service connection failed while indexing (S04, S304, or D04)

Resolution

When you receive one of these errors, disconnect the DVR from the network and let it run for 2 to 3 days without making a service call. This will allow the DVR to process its existing data and allow access to new data from the service.

Also, my TivoHD kept getting a S03 error and I did a clear and delete everything and it's been running fine since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts