TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TiVo DeVoto
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's bad. Poor TiVo has slowed down, constantly reboots, shows trouble screens and then plays video with trouble screens overlapping the screen.

Updates not available? I'm thinking hardware issues?

·
tabasco rules
15,953 Posts
first, tivo support - depending on your length of service and other factors, they may offer you a nice deal on a replacement, possibly an upgrade.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Might try weaknees.com. And look for their instructions for using "Kickstart" procedures to check your hard drive. If it is a HDD problem, there are DIY instructions for replacing it but they are not for the faint-of-heart. If you get a Roamio replacement, then replacing the HDD amounts essentially to just plugging in the new HDD.

·
AVS Old Timer
415 Posts
If it does turn out to be a bad hard drive, you can buy a new or used hard drive with the Tivo software already on it from various sellers on Ebay. I bought a new 2TB upgrade from such a seller to replace my 500GB and it was simple plug and play installation.

Weaknees also sells new hard drive upgrades directly from their online store, and their Ebay storefront has used/refurbished hard drives for less money than the new ones.

Be sure to tell any seller your Tivo's model number before purchasing.

·
TiVo DeVoto
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I could get an error code. It's really a few things.
1. Tuner doesn't like the digital antenna. We have to manually go up and down channels . I. E. We put in 5 it waits for us to go to 5.1
2. It won't tune certain channels. Two other tvs ( not TiVo) grab these channels just fine.
3. Playback of streaming can go bad, forces us to choose different episodes.

We have the lifetime service plan, I believe. But I think that covers programming and Not hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I wish I could get an error code. It's really a few things.
1. Tuner doesn't like the digital antenna. We have to manually go up and down channels . I. E. We put in 5 it waits for us to go to 5.1
2. It won't tune certain channels. Two other tvs ( not TiVo) grab these channels just fine.
3. Playback of streaming can go bad, forces us to choose different episodes.
We have the lifetime service plan, I believe. But I think that covers programming and Not hardware.
1. A two tuner Premiere supports analog channels. Entering 5 is valid. This has nothing to do with your antenna. Does your TV also move to 5.1 when you enter 5?

2. The tuner is not very good.

3. Streaming is worse.

I'm hoping there is a discount upgrade sale soon for Premiere units like there was for Series 3 and below.

·
TiVo DeVoto
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1. A two tuner Premiere supports analog channels. Entering 5 is valid. This has nothing to do with your antenna. Does your TV also move to 5.1 when you enter 5?

2. The tuner is not very good.

3. Streaming is worse.

I'm hoping there is a discount upgrade sale soon for Premiere units like there was for Series 3 and below.
Tv 's all go to 5.1 automatically
Tvs all get all channels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.