TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TIVO series 2 with G4 Mac OS 10.3.9.
After updating iTunes to the latest v6.0.2, my TIVO will not access any music folders/albums except those created by iTunes and those only contain music from Apple or DotMac such as Skywalker sounds. Even when I alter the content of those albums, the change does not show up in TIVO music. TIVO photo access is normal as are all other network functions. File sharing is on; TIVO desktop (v1.9.1) is on with 'publish entire iTunes library' selected; and iTunes' preference for sharing my entire iTunes library is selected on. However, the sharing status is on but no users connected. Anyone have any suggestions? Help!
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have never been able to access my iTunes via TiVo, as the audio files are encrypted to iTunes. There is some (unmentionable here, of course) third-party software that has been able to remove the encoding, but when the latest version of iTunes was released, it no longer functioned.

In essence these third-party solutions and iTunes are playing a game of cat and mouse. iTunes defeats the third-party solutions, then new solutions are developed (which takes time).

I avoided upgrading iTunes as long as I could until it was forced for this very reason.

Sorry, I couldn't solve your problem, but perhaps I've offered a "why"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts