TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
9,160 Posts
atmuscarella said:
I think it actually gets worse in what I will call "opinion" threads no real problem being solved just everyone voicing their views. I am sure more than a few people have thought some (all? :D ) of my views are nuts. Some people politely tell me they think I am nuts and others can get rude about it. The funny thing is I will normal at least consider what the polite people have to say but will likely never consider anything the rude ones have to say.

Thanks,
Well said. :up: And the pity is that some of these folks have some good/valid input and can contribute. They simply don't realize that their ability to communicate their thoughts is mostly or completely lost (along with their credibility) due to their perceived need to make themselves look smarter/stronger/better/wiser, etc. by putting others down. Being "nuts" is okay (thank God ;) ) but being childish, insensitive and rude isn't helpful and just wastes everyone's time.
 

· I can't explain
Joined
·
19,455 Posts
would you all stop being polite and mature about it. :p

anyhow, I have made an effort this year to not get dragged down with the impolite ones if I respond to them. Still I guess it is good that the topic of TiVo can bring out the passion in people, both good and bad.
 

· O2->CO2 Converter
Joined
·
2,702 Posts
SNJpage1 said:
Do you have a cell phone that works in your house? There is now an adapter cradle that allows you to connect your regular phones to the cell phone for making calls.
Hey man, why don't you actually take that content somewhere else. We're trying to have a capmfire, make s'mores and sing Kum-Ba-Yah here, we don't have room for your pesky content at this time. ;)

I'd like to say that I don't fire the first shot and treat people how they treat me, but I'm sure sometimes I'm a little quick on the draw (and even then I usually figure that out and try to make the peace). The few times I have added added the truly annoying to my ignore list, curiosity usually gets the better of me ("What did that dummy say now") and they come back off.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9,160 Posts
GoHokies! said:
Hey man, why don't you actually take that content somewhere else. We're trying to have a capmfire, make s'mores and sing Kum-Ba-Yah here, we don't have room for your pesky content at this time. ;)

I'd like to say that I don't fire the first shot and treat people how they treat me, but I'm sure sometimes I'm a little quick on the draw (and even then I usually figure that out and try to make the peace). The few times I have added added the truly annoying to my ignore list, curiosity usually gets the better of me ("What did that dummy say now") and they come back off.
Whoa! Did someone hand you the talking stick??? :D
 

· I can't explain
Joined
·
19,455 Posts
SNJpage1 said:
Do you have a cell phone that works in your house? There is now an adapter cradle that allows you to connect your regular phones to the cell phone for making calls.
cell phones might introduce some latency that make it difficult for the TiVo to complete its data modem call. SO try it if you already have it setup but I would make sure I could return everything before trying this just for the sake of TiVo connectivity
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Good products and good service will prevail in business. We love our TiVo. But, we hate that we now have to pay for long distance phone service. (after TiVo told us we would have local service. A note from TiVo explaining this may have softened my ire. Instead, I get a bunch of B.S. from their curteous service reps.

We have created several TiVo subscribers based on our positive testimony. We will probably deter several potential customer based on our negative and current perspective.

True, a business doesn't want a customer that cost them money. But, what if a happy customer, cost you a small margin and you gain ten more customers from that individual. All of a sudden the economies of scale make them all profitable.

Too many hot shots in business read too many books and simply fail to do what is right. The old fashioned way of doing business still works. I see it everyday. Treat people fair and honest. They will come back for more business and send their friends.
 

· I can't explain
Joined
·
19,455 Posts
grieny said:
True, a business doesn't want a customer that cost them money. But, what if a happy customer, cost you a small margin and you gain ten more customers from that individual. All of a sudden the economies of scale make them all profitable.

Too many hot shots in business read too many books and simply fail to do what is right. The old fashioned way of doing business still works. I see it everyday. Treat people fair and honest. They will come back for more business and send their friends.
but if you are making more customers in an area that does not have local access or a decent internet alternative then how is TiVo making money on that increase in customers costing them money? The Old David letterman joke of Volume, volume, Volume comes to mind. :)

I agree that TiVo could do a better job of treating you honestly by identifying customers who would be affected by a local line being discontinued and proactively contatcting you with any options, but lets be fair here; would you agree to pay more monthly for an 800 number or are you just expecting TiVo to subsidize you simply because of where you live or your choice of internet access?
 
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top