TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I and several TiVo subscriber that I know are miffed. As of the last few weeks, we no longer have a local phone number for TiVo to connect. I have reinstated my long distance phone service just to feed TiVo. TiVo makes one or two calls a day and that adds 20-40 cents per day to my phone bill.

The TiVo sales folks represents the TiVo service to have local numbers available everywhere. Thus, the long distance phone calls are an added, unanticipated expense.

Curious how many others are disturbed at the additional $6-$15.00/ month cost recently added (to phone bill) to keep TiVo service.??

I have called the company and they suggest that I employ a wireless router. I said the machine was sold with the representation of having local phone connections available. This was the case for years. Now they have deleted many of those numbers. If a lot of other TiVonians are are having problems, It sounds like a class action issue...

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mr/Ms. ZeoTiVo:

I must correct you assertion that TiVo does not promise a local phone number will be available. Call TiVo Sales and they will tell you that the entire country has local phone coverage. I have called (four times). I pretended to be a senior citizen, ignorant of the product. I told them that I no longer had long distance service on my phone line (true). I pushed them on the issue. Only one sales lady admitted, "I 've only heard of one user which had a problem aquiring a local number. They were in the state of Washington.... but, you are in the east and I can assure you there will be a local number available to you."

It is not about subsidizing the rural user. it is about misrepresentation of the product by the sales department.

I am sorry that we all don't live in NYC. But, someone has to grow food for this nation. Or we can just import it all from China..LOL

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Good products and good service will prevail in business. We love our TiVo. But, we hate that we now have to pay for long distance phone service. (after TiVo told us we would have local service. A note from TiVo explaining this may have softened my ire. Instead, I get a bunch of B.S. from their curteous service reps.

We have created several TiVo subscribers based on our positive testimony. We will probably deter several potential customer based on our negative and current perspective.

True, a business doesn't want a customer that cost them money. But, what if a happy customer, cost you a small margin and you gain ten more customers from that individual. All of a sudden the economies of scale make them all profitable.

Too many hot shots in business read too many books and simply fail to do what is right. The old fashioned way of doing business still works. I see it everyday. Treat people fair and honest. They will come back for more business and send their friends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.