TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
By the way, in the midst of all of this, I must compliment you on your avatar - it's truly awesome. Did you make it yourself, because if so, you are very talented. I've always wondered what I would look like as a Simpsons character. So, despite our disagreements, I must give you credit for that amazingly awesome artwork.

· Registered
190 Posts
is the goodwill of providing a money losing (to TiVo) service to TiVo worth the total of lost revenue. Bottom line
A valid economic point. However this is an economic indicator of a company in it's final days. You can never grow a business with this mentality. For example, I would never, ever ever ever recommend a Tivo to anyone who does not live in New York City or L.A., or anyone who does not use Windows XP, etc. Tivo's CEO is systematically reducing the number of people who will find Tivo competitive with other products. If you think Tivo will always support YOU, I think you're naive.
Tivo will not ever be bigger than it is now, which says a lot about current (mis)management.

· Registered
190 Posts
that is just silly and taints all the rest of the post that follows from it
To you, perhaps. There is nuance in my statement. I can see how a few people could see these statements as contradictory, however they are not. As a general economic principle, you obviously don't want to have ANY customers which cost you money. However, in the big picture, you usually do, and will. Apparently ZioTivo corporation would not install any wheelchair ramps. They cost money, ya know.
I thought my point was obvious. Actually, I still do.

Have you had any economics classes? Likely too young. Ah well.

· Registered
190 Posts
Your claim that suddenly if they reoffer extensive phone coverage again that it will magically lead to growth is a common econ 101 mistake.
Again, your youth is showing. You have badly misread. To spell it out: what I'm saying is that Tivo has already done irreparable damage to it's market share by cutting these phone lines. People in these areas know Tivo doesn't care about them, and I don't think they will every get these customers back. I don't believe adding lines will add to Tivo's growth. I think the downward spiral has begun, and will continue.
The attempt to find an "econ 101 mistake" was obviously meant to boost your own credibility by making it appear that you've had Econ 101 - however it has merely confirmed my suspicions.

Let's lay it on the table: have you HAD college level Econ 101, or are you blowing smoke?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.