TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Funkadelic
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I made $2,500 a day as a temp... ;)

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070711/tivo_interim_cfo.html?.v=1

TiVo Inc., a maker of digital video recorder technology, has retained Cal Hoagland as interim chief financial officer, according to a regulatory filing Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

TiVo said it has retained a search firm to identify a permanent CFO.

Hoagland, 50, is a principal of Financial Leadership Group LLC, a CFO services and board advisory consultancy.

· Lord of Darkness
1,557 Posts
"TiVo has agreed to compensate Hoagland and Financial Leadership Group at a base rate of $2,500 per day. Hours in excess of 55 per week will be billed at $350 per hour. TiVo will also issue Hoagland $1,000 per day in fully vested shares of the company's common stock."

So $2500.00 per Day, at say 5 Days a Week = $12500.00 a Week.

That alone is a huge amount. Any hours after 55 billed at $350.00 an Hour. Now thats a good Hourly rate :D

Then, $1000.00 per Day in shares. At the current going rate of $5.90 a share means 170 Shares per Day.

So, how can people say Tivo does not make Money. That their Fees are fair? If they are not making Money then how are they paying all the above?

Makes you wonder does it not?

:D

· I can't explain
19,455 Posts
wolflord11 said:
So, how can people say Tivo does not make Money. That their Fees are fair? If they are not making Money then how are they paying all the above?

Makes you wonder does it not?

:D
well anyone that reads the SEC filings can say that TiVo just made a profit in the last quarter (along with one other quarter they simply stopped spending money), but it was really due to revenue they made off of the pile of cash they have. So you could say the only way TiVo made money was off the financial work of the previous CFO.

So they wanted a good CFO to step in and that has a certain value in the marketplace. No wonder at all for me save for the overall topic of execs/stars/atheletes at the top getting too much money in general but that is not a topic for this forum

· O2->CO2 Converter
2,702 Posts
wolflord11 said:
He can make more in One Hour, than I make in a whole Week. And thats working 60 Hours. :D
We're not the CFO of a huge company.

You want to get excited about something, get excited about the athlete that gets paid that sum of money in minutes, not days.

Either way, that kind of talent is rewarded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.