TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TDL shepherd
17,392 Posts
TiVo-renewed Mini VOX w/o accy in the Item Description field
You can expect to receive the same "VOX only" shipment, as this is the same thing I experienced this week. After doing 2 replacements a month+ ago, and receiving seemingly new Mini VOX units as replacments, my third $40 replacement issued within the last week or so was marked as you describe, and I received just a generic white box with only a Mini VOX in the box (no power adapter, no remote, no cables, no quick start, etc.).

On the bright side, I was able to use another Mini VOX power adapter and remote I have on hand to get this new refurb online and tested, so now I just have to contact Tivo to get the proper power adapter. (I may try for a VOX Remote, as well, but won't push it, since I have a spare VOX Remote and this *is* a discounted replacement for a dead Mini v2.)

·
TDL shepherd
17,392 Posts
No luck with TiVo as of yet,
fwiw...
Well, tentative success. I finally got around to calling TiVo Support, and they're supposedly shipping me a TiVo Mini 4K Power Supply (free of charge, no S&H) to go w/ the accessory-less Mini VOX. I didn't have to cajole, beg or anything, so it may all be a matter of traditional CS roulette.

One note, though... I *did* have to confirm that they were shipping me the correct power supply: the CS rep initially said that she was shipping me the power supply at no charge, but I was concerned that she'd used the generic term given the variety of power supplies/cords/adapters that come with TiVo's. And I'm glad I checked, as she said that she was shipping me a TiVo Stream 4K USB Cable! I highlighted the compatibility issue and after giving it another try she came back with the correct product name, so fingers crossed.

Product Description
A00390 TiVo Mini 4K Power Supply

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.