TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad I checked - looks like TiVo is getting a phone call on Monday! :smiley:

Thank you kind sir!
How did that call go? I think I'm going to be in the same situation. My 9300 mini just failed as well (green screen loop) and was offered the $39 Vox. No mention of being renewed or lacking accessories, but the shipping info sent to me via email stated TiVo-renewed Mini VOX w/o accy in the Item Description field.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Spoke with support today and was told that due to only the box being faulty that they only send a replacement box (even though this was actually a different box than what I had). The support tech assured me that the remote and power supply from the older mini would work with the newer device. I didn't get any further when questioning amperage needs for the new device, other than, "please try it with the old accessories and call us back if you experience any issues.". I'm sure it will power up and potentially function for a good amount of time before needing something CPU intensive that draws the excess power causing device instability. By then I'm sure whatever warranty was offered on this replacement device will be up and I'll have to pay out of pocket for a new power adapter. Something seems amiss here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No luck with TiVo as of yet, but did find out that they sell the OEM power adapter for $6.99 on their site, however they want over $9 for shipping (cheapest option) which seems like highway robbery. For as much business as they do with shipping through carriers it looks like they are definitely lining their pockets with the shipping charge. Can't seem to find an OEM charger with free shipping for less that $10. Anyone have a free shipping promo code for TiVo.com?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.