TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
OTA is still alive
526 Posts
No one asked you. Far less broken than TiVo.

·
200 Club Member
2,326 Posts
My mini is stuck on broken reboot loop as well. TiVo support offered me a $25 discount and I accepted, with reluctance. Item has been stuck in “processing” for four days now so I chatted with an agent online. He told me they have no ETA on shipping dates as they are awaiting an order and have no idea when they will have them in stock. Wish the person who took my order had told me this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just found one of my Tivo Minis in the loop of death. I have to dig up the spare. I'm not going to replace them. Once most of them die, I'm going to exclusively use my HD Homerun with Channels DVR and store recordings on my own NAS drives DRM free.

Reactions: pj1983

·
HD Tech
987 Posts
They're going to start killing lifetime main units like Roamios soon.

I get more convinced every day this is a concerted effort to rid themselves of older lifetime units which are just a drain on the bottom line.

·
HD Tech
987 Posts
Let me suggest since you're knickers are all in a twist that you stop following this topic so you no longer have to subject yourself to my posts on the matter, which are going to continue.

You can also click on my username and select "ignore" from the popup, as I just did on yours.

·
OTA is still alive
526 Posts
Just click on the "Report" icon and report the troll.

Reactions: slowbiscuit

·
FUBAR
4,839 Posts
Let me suggest since you're knickers are all in a twist that you stop following this topic so you no longer have to subject yourself to my posts on the matter, which are going to continue.

You can also click on my username and select "ignore" from the popup, as I just did on yours.
Posting unfounded conspiracy theories is ok? Sorry, not going to ignore.

And before anyone else agrees with this dumb stuff, why is it that my ancient original Minis all still work? Shouldn't they have started disabling all the older stuff first? It's costing them the most money!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Posting unfounded conspiracy theories is ok? Sorry, not going to ignore.

And before anyone else agrees with this dumb stuff, why is it that my ancient original Minis all still work? Shouldn't they have started disabling all the older stuff first? It's costing them the most money!!! :eek:
I have an A92 and also an A93 that hadn't been connected in quite some time (likely 24 months). I also have an A95 Mini-VOX that I use daily. Yesterday I connected both my A92 and my A93 that have always been on TE3 and had 'no issues' after completing an 'UPDATE'. They connected (wired) to both my Bolt and Roamio with no issues. What's the 'real deal'?

If you've Minis on the shelf - how frequently do you connect and confirm operation?

·
HD Tech
987 Posts
I have an A92 and also an A93 that hadn't been connected in quite some time (likely 24 months). I also have an A95 Mini-VOX that I use daily. Yesterday I connected both my A92 and my A93 that have always been on TE3 and had 'no issues' after completing an 'UPDATE'. They connected (wired) to both my Bolt and Roamio with no issues. What's the 'real deal'?
Keep them hooked up for a few days or a week. See if the 'UPDATE' has any effect on their lifespan. I'm curious now.

·
FUBAR
4,839 Posts

If you've Minis on the shelf - how frequently do you connect and confirm operation?
Who said anything about them being on the shelf? They're all connected to TVs in use and all work fine, they connect every day just like the main Tivo.

And if they're on the shelf, who cares?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
And if they're on the shelf, who cares?
If a person had 'more' Mini(s) than TVs? Does a Mini need connected, using a 'tuner' to do a daily call or will they make the connection regardless if only powered and connected to Ethernet?

Are all Mini and Bolt 'power supplies' swappable?

·
in the other Alabama
20,926 Posts
If a person had 'more' Mini(s) than TVs? Does a Mini need connected, using a 'tuner' to do a daily call or will they make the connection regardless if only powered and connected to Ethernet?
Are all Mini and Bolt 'power supplies' swappable?
A Mini make its own service connection on its own schedule. See its Service Information display.

I think a Mini PS is only 2.5A, less than a Bolt.

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,518 Posts
Is there any evidence that fan cooling prolongs the life of A93's? I bought mine new in April 2017 and activated it on 4/29/17. It's still working ok, for now.

I'm considering putting this on top MULTIFAN S3, Quiet USB Cooling Fan, 120mm if it'll help preserve my unit. Mine sits on the floor right now and not in any sort of cabinet or enclosure.

·
HD Tech
987 Posts
Is there any evidence that fan cooling prolongs the life of A93's? I bought mine new in April 2017 and activated it on 4/29/17. It's still working ok, for now.

I'm considering putting this on top MULTIFAN S3, Quiet USB Cooling Fan, 120mm if it'll help preserve my unit. Mine sits on the floor right now and not in any sort of cabinet or enclosure.
I have not seen any reports one way or the other. It couldn't hurt, but somehow it feels like it won't help either.

I may have missed it, but I have not seen a single autopsy of any failed Mini where it was determined what the cause of the failure was.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts