TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started a couple of months ago, but I've ignored it until now, because it didn't really affect my watching. On my Tivo Mini, under main screen for "My Shows" and "What to Watch" I get no display, just the blue spinning circle. Everything else works. I can go to "My Shows" and get the list of recorded shows and watch fine, but the main screen that shows you the big boxes of suggestions isn't there, like it is on my main Roamio. The main Roamio works fine.

I've tried rebooting, and even completely clearing and resetting the mini to factory default. I'm hoping it's not the Roamio, as I'd rather not have to wipe it.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Try a soft reset:
Thumbs Down
Thumbs Up
Play
Play

If that fails, tell TiVo to put you on the list of others that have that issue. I can cause it by pulling my network connection during power up, but it always goes away. I seldom use the Mini VOX.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the exact same issue. It started when I tried connecting my 2 Minis (both gen 1) to a Bolt that I purchased with the summer "transfer all-in for $99" deal. I still have a Roamio Plus on my network, and when I connect the Minis to the Roamio, they work perfectly. But reconnect to the Bolt and I get the BSC on Main screen, and blank screen on "What to Watch". I have tried a ton of things including the soft reset, and the tips on at least one other thread about this, but no change. Yesterday I sent an e-mail to Tivo Support about it, but no response yet. I will have to give them a call next.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same blue circle swirl / spinning situation for me with a Roamio OTA VOX. After coming here and reading about the unannounced feature, forced ads, I suspect my AdGuard DNS is blocking a domain my TiVo is trying to reach. I rolled back my unit to TE3 and I'm much happier with a cleaner user interface.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This started a couple of months ago, but I've ignored it until now, because it didn't really affect my watching. On my Tivo Mini, under main screen for "My Shows" and "What to Watch" I get no display, just the blue spinning circle. Everything else works.
Just out of curiosity. Is your Mini connected via Ethernet or MOCA? Mine are connected by MOCA, so thinking of temporarily connecting via Ethernet to see if there's a difference, but need to get a long ethernet cable first.

·
Registered
284 Posts
FYI, sometime with the past week or so, this issue mysteriously fixed itself on both my Minis, with no changes or further troubleshooting from me.

Reactions: andyf

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same here. Bolt+ and 2 mini vox boxes. Bolt works fine. Minis show spinning circle and what to watch not currently available.
Unplugged, reset, Google static dns, etc.
Streaming and shows from Bolt work fine. Been doing this for almost a year now.
All network and internet tests succeed. I have a unifi gateway. Wonder if it’s blocking something, although no issues with the same things on the bolt itself, just the damn minis.
I’ve gone through all the settings and changed them... the only thing I can see that may be causing it is that if I go to troubleshooting > whole home > streaming troubleshooting > TiVo boxes, I see 2 old Bolt+ devices listed that are no longer in the network (they were replacement attempts from TiVo that I sent back)... how do I remove those?? If I highlight them, they say “the box may be unplugged or it may not be connected to your home network”... etc. Could that be confusing the live, and what to watch content?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah, had the same problem on my Gen 2 Mini for a long time. ...

The advantage here is that I have four TiVo DVRs I can assign the Mini client to as its parent server.

So tried switching the client from one of my Roamios by rerunning the setup on an Edge and the BSCs disappeared and Watch Now list is populated.

Guess it likes the TiVo Edge better ....

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.