TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
25,611 Posts
From the fox link.

"Zatz also reports that TiVo has been testing out the idea of including ads in DVR recordings"
If they somehow mean unskippable ads... <bleep> no.

But I could imagine them TRYING to do something sort of like how cable channels replace (right???) some ads in network signal? i.e. I don't think I'm totally confusing local vs national ads.. I thought there were 'placeholder' national ads that are then replaced by the cable company.

(and of course long ago there were tivo PAUSE ads.)

· Registered
60 Posts
If they somehow mean unskippable ads... <bleep> no.

But I could imagine them TRYING to do something sort of like how cable channels replace (right???) some ads in network signal? i.e. I don't think I'm totally confusing local vs national ads.. I thought there were 'placeholder' national ads that are then replaced by the cable company.

(and of course long ago there were tivo PAUSE ads.)
I'd guess it's something like Google ads that are integrated into the user interface and suggestions/now playing that most people don't pay too much attention to anyway.

If so I could deal with that and it would probably be a great way to make revenue.

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Emacee , you apparently edited the thread title, which used to be something like "TiVo exiting DVR business", which makes almost all posts up til now totally confusing. Not cool!
I did not change the title. But somebody did. Now we know posts are subject to censorship and the censors prefer to stay anonymous and act like they don't exist.

· Cranky old novice
9,541 Posts
I did not change the title. But somebody did. Now we know posts are subject to censorship and the censors prefer to stay anonymous and act like they don't exist.
I reported this post and asked the forum moderators who changed the title. Also told them that if a moderator changed it, there should have been some transparency, including giving us a reason for the change, since the new title caused so many posts to make no sense.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.