TiVo Community Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 2517 Posts

· UHD Addict
23,290 Posts
Like Suggestions, the Live Guide, and transfers. ;) *

* I apologize, I couldn't resist.
I never use suggestions. Only when I used to beta test their software. I have no need for the Live guide. I don't watch live TV. And I have no need for transfers, since I can stream my content to other TiVos. And it works the same way as if I was playing the show locally.

And I can still transfer a show to PC if I want(which I do for most of my One Passes). And with plex I can view it from a multitude of devices anywhere around the world.
I have a PC running Plex dedicated to HD content. And another PC running Plex dedicated to UHD content.

Although these days I'm more likely to watch a show from a streaming service than from my TiVo recordings. Since the OTA quality in the DC area is so bad now. And The quality from FiOS and Comcast is also terrible now too.
Sent from my Nexus 7(32GB)

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
Why was this crazy thread created that has 70 pages in less than a month? Yes, I notice it sometimes, but really, to complain about some little picayune thing when they could not put in some of the BASICS from TE3 into TE4. Plenty to complain about besides this sh*t. This is why I don't come here much...I totally agree with @Mikeguy on TE3...As We All Know!!!

Reactions: johnfasc

· Registered
232 Posts
Why was this crazy thread created that has 70 pages in less than a month? Yes, I notice it sometimes, but really, to complain about some little picayune thing when they could not put in some of the BASICS from TE3 into TE4. Plenty to complain about besides this sh*t. This is why I don't come here much...I totally agree with @Mikeguy on TE3...As We All Know!!!
Thats what I have been trying to say, but yours just put it out there as it should be. They change the software, te3 to te4 I will get used to it, they change the thumbs up, no problem, they change the whatever, I'm good. As long as its not life changing. They put in an ad that takes a button push to kill so they can keep up, no problem here.....

· Cord Cutter
6,089 Posts
Well compared to the SDUI TE3 is better. But TE4 does most things better. And also presents things on screen better.

Of course it's all subjective. But personally I really hated using the TE3 UI after I started using the TE4 UI.
I just don't fine TE3 lacking anything. It's everything a DVR should be. It's basically a refined HD version of the SDUI, which has been great for two decades.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
I spent over an hour this week messing with TE3, on my last lifetime Premiere that I dusted off. Ooof!! I could not stand messing with that UI. It is just terrible in functionality and aesthetics when compared to TE4. Just about everything I messed with is better or much easier to do in TE4.
Can't see how TE3 could be described as "terrible in functionality".

Scott

· Registered
7,682 Posts
I happily sacrifice those features which I don't use or care about, for a UI and UX that doesn't look like it's stuck in 1999. :)
Stop exaggerating as this was 1999 (and I remember it fondly as it changed how we watched TV when we got our first TiVo in 2000). :)

Font Rectangle Screenshot Electronic device Display device

And I have no issues with how this has evolved over the past 20 years and works for us on our 65" plasma.

Product Font Screenshot Technology Software

Scott

· Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,857 Posts
OMG has The Bachelor been on that long?!? :D

We're loving TE3 on our 79" screen too. No problems at all.

· Registered
5,258 Posts
Stop exaggerating as this was 1999 (and I remember it fondly as it changed how we watched TV when we got our first TiVo in 2000). :)

View attachment 43818

And I have no issues with how this has evolved over the past 20 years and works for us on our 65" plasma.

View attachment 43820

Scott
Hmmm... Could be that the folks who hate Hydra still use Cathode Ray Tube TVs. ;)

· Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,857 Posts
Hmmm... Could be that the folks who hate Hydra still use Cathode Ray Tube TVs. ;)
No, we hate Hydra because we love SHIELD. Oh, wait...

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
I really wish all programs included the year.
Too much trouble for them to include it in ANY displays. Luckily, Sometimes a recording has the correct date in the Info.

I get the year from the grid in KMTTG if I need to know...AND I LIKE TO SOMETIMES!!!

Wow, we Agree, Joe!!!

Reactions: Mikeguy

· Registered
508 Posts
I just don't fine TE3 lacking anything. It's everything a DVR should be. It's basically a refined HD version of the SDUI, which has been great for two decades.
It's 2019. Relevant technology doesn't have a UI that looks like TE3.

As refined as TE3 may be, I think TiVo would have an even bigger problem selling new units if they didn't have a UI that was in the same league as most of the other modern DVRs.

1381 - 1400 of 2517 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.