TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Maybe, obviously there are so many suits I could not possibly know how all of them turned out. The ones "I" had experience with, all turned out "spare change" for the consumer. Will be interesting to see how the Equifax suit turns out. Supposedly $125 and something for hours spent because of the breach. I did file since I WAS affected, good amount of time spent. I passed on the $125 (because I don't believe it will be $125), took the years of credit report/scores from all 3 companies. And did 9 hours. Family member doing the $125 and hours. I'm going to GUESS pocket change actually paid to each person, I'll GUESS under $20 if that. But maybe I will be proven wrong. In this case I do believe a suit is warranted, could care less if Equifax went out of business.
Best of luck to you and your family for not just sitting back and taking it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
i stand (sit) corrected. still, i would have been shocked if tivo allowed downgrading on the edge (and i would never personally opt for a downgraded os on a new pc, either).

have fun with windows vista on your new pc... ;)
About not going the a previous version, but in the days, you would have been absolutely right. You would assume and correctly that you were getting the latest and greatest. Everything would be an upgrade as increased processing speeds were chased every few years with an ever expanding slate of more functionality and
Speed.

I don't know what happened, but I know it's not that way today. I strongly suspect companies are lining their pockets with cheap labor, and outcome is garbage in and garbage out. Therefore, the wise stays with what works. The version of what has been proven to work for them and the borderline scams be damned.

·
Registered
721 Posts
While somewhat correct, with ads, I'm having a really hard time figuring out the value I'm getting out of TiVo at this point. Basically, the reasons for paying what we do, are very much diminished by this. As I'm not OTA, there isn't much difference from using the cable providers box at this point.
Maybe, just one big difference. If your cable provider box doesn't have theses commercials and TiVo/Rovi does. I say that's one big difference.

·
Registered
721 Posts
But TE4 users can opt out of these pre-ads, so really, it's just about no Live Guide.
Which is a fine reason if that's a priority to you. But it seems weird to list pre-ads as a deal-breaker when those pre-ads can be disabled.

The loss of integrated auto comskip along with CEC remote control would be too bitter of a pill to swallow, for me to downgrade back to TE3. I *vastly* prefer the TE4 interface. TE3 feels antiquated and embarrassing by comparison. And so it goes...
Embarrassing?
Com'on~

And your forgetting transfers enabled TE3. Not so embarrassing when it allows you to off load to create more space on a perfectly good TiVo drive for the fall's new shows. It's also not embarrassing not to lose your recording when you have the freedom to off load all of your recordings to transfer them back when you upgrade to TE3 from TE4.

As it is often said, different strokes for different folks. :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm addressing feature not users (per se). In the number of hours spent using TiVo I'm guessing it's very rare. What percentage of time (using TiVo monthly) is wasted not having Live Guide? I'd estimate I look at the guide well less than .003 of my TiVo usage. As such it makes up 0% of my user experience.

I'd hope not as there is no reason to avoid TE4 because of them.

Now in the scheme of things if one doesn't want to embrace another form of transfers and they are important to them I can understand them wanting to stand still. Makes sense for them even though it doesn't to me. :)
Again...Charlie?
Come on, man~

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.