TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Cord Cutter
6,089 Posts
I'm just saying that there should be a consistent way to exit out of menus and apps and back to whatever TV you were watching before you went into TiVo Central.
I disagree. I think TiVo's design is just fine.

Seriously? Any and every feature that was meticulously designed into the system is by definition what it was "meant" to do. Claiming otherwise is just silly.
That's not true. Some features are necessary, but aren't the main function of a device. Like live TV controls on a TiVo. TiVo is a DVR first, and a cable box second.

Reactions: Noelmel

· Cord Cutter
6,089 Posts
That isn't an absolute, it is in the eye of the user. Someone who mostly uses the TiVo to watch live TV would probably view the live TV controls as the "main function", while those who mostly use the TiVo as a DVR would consider that the "main function".

It's a dessert topping *and* a floor wax.
People also commute to work in F-350 trucks. That doesn't mean they are made for commuting to a 9-5 job, and doesn't mean they'll do a good job at that.

Reactions: ufo4sale

· Cord Cutter
6,089 Posts
You keep saying that even though it isn't true. Note that saying it over and over again doesn't make it true. Reminds me of somebody in D.C.
I'm definitely not like Trump lol.

Some people mainly watch live TV but need a DVR for occasional use. Some people are the opposite. Is Rovi going to tell people that only the latter group should buy a Tivo? Is Rovi going to tell people they're holding the remote wrong?
TiVo was never marketed to people who only occasionally used a DVR. And that use case doesn't even make sense. Once you go through the paradigm shift of not watching things when they are live, and sitting down to watch what you want when you want, you're not going to watch much Live TV, you are going to primarily use a DVR as a DVR. People who are stuck in the past and didn't realize this paradigm shift never went out to buy a TiVo and never will.

· Cord Cutter
6,089 Posts
I suspect there are many construction workers who would disagree. All a matter of perspective. I guess you're just stuck to thinking within your own box.
I was referring to a 9-5 (office) type of job. If you're actually a contractor who is hauling stuff around, then an F-350 might be a great vehicle. That being said, most of the guys doing the grunt work drive older beater cars because that's all they can afford.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.