TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I'm totally agree with you. The only objection I have is the increased volume in some of the pre-roll ads. I'ts only a second until I FF, but it's still an assault on my eardrums.
That's weird. Can you tell if the ads have a different audio track than your recording? I'm thinking that it may be switching you to DD from PCM, which may cause a change in volume.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I'm set to PCM, but I think the inserted ads are streamed.
If by streamed you mean via internet, there's high probability they are PCM 2.0 also.
Funny. I'm house sitting right now and my sister has DTV. When the ads come on they are normal volume until the local ads clobber them. Then the volume is very low. I have ads on my home feed that get clobbered too, but there is no volume change since they are DD 2.0 and normal audio is DD 5.1.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
(But, yes, TiVo should have completed converting the few remaining TE3 SD screens into HD--having said that, I can't recall the last time I hit such a screen.)
I believe only the cable card stuff and system logs are still SD.

Sometimes if you access (via network) a TE3 Roamio in Standby the display is the old SD NPL and not My Shows.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I sometimes also will get an SD screen if I'm accessing a target TiVo box from a local box and there seems to be a lesser WiFi network robustness--but a second later and I can be back to an HD screen.
I have both. Some funny observations. If I power off my TE4 Mini VOX, after a minute it will display on my TE3 Roamio. When I do access My Shows from a TE3 to a TE4 box, there are two Deleted Recordings folders. Only one just has dates. I was moving programs from TE3 to TE4 to get auto-skip. But I find it quicker to use manual SM since I tend to watch stuff where I know when I'm approaching a break.

My feeling about TE4: it makes maximum use of the display. ;)

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
A thread within the last couple days also indicates this SD fallback can occur due to network issues.
That's logical. The NPL is preceded by a BSC. I also find it funny that with Online my Mini VOX is always on my device list but grayed out. My A93 Mini never displays since the last update. But it shows my Premiere when it's powered off. Wonderful networking. ;)

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I didn't think any consumer router could block or redirect outgoing connections. What router are you using?
Every Netgear router I have owned for the last 10 years has domain blocking. It also can block by keyword. It's in the Security section. They can block and map ports also.

Sorry, It controls inbound only.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I just added mm1.tivoservice.com to my Pi-hole block list and will report back on the results. Hoping that will duplicate your results Charles R, getting rid of the in-guide TiVo+ channel listings. I'm running a Bolt and three Mini Voxes.
I'm using a Roamio OTA and blocking that domain hasn't blocked the in guide ads.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Why is it TiVo's completely wrong/missing when Spectrums isn't?
Perhaps TiVo took good data, changed it, then published it? We'll never know. I used to compare data with tv.com, but it now uses CBS Interactive. It dropped TiVo for data last a few months back. Wonder why?

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Hmmmmm . . . New user that has never known anything of TiVo before the current ads? This from someone who joined here in 2005 and has 4,550 posts?
Methinks something doesn't smell quite right here...
It's not that unusual. Some forums are very non-TiVo and can be a safer alternative to FB. Just click on someone's post count and you can view their post history. I'm not into gaming, but there are several threads for that. Should I even mention the political threads? :)

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.