TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
L: 37-35
12,670 Posts
Let us all be real, no one is going back to their crappy cable DVR's
Their DVR's what?

I stick with Comcast because of my TiVo, I stick with my TiVo because of TE3. Push me to Hydra? I'm out. Start inserting Ads? I'm out. If my TIVo dies tomorrow, and cannot easily be fixed, I'm out.

No way I'm investing any more $ in TiVo with the specter of forced TE4 and ads hanging over them.

·
12,670 Posts
Doesn’t TiVo have a patent for replacing ads in recordings? (Sort of a reverse skip mode where it plays TiVo ads instead of those recorded with the program)

·
12,670 Posts
I suppose there’s nothing stopping them from adding commercials in the middle either...

...Your program will continue in 15 seconds...

·
12,670 Posts
This “feature” should work like Kindle Ads and only show up on subsidized devices with the option to pay and opt out. The “feature” should not roll out to existing plans.

·
12,670 Posts
I don't mind TiVo rolling out ads to new customers, or existing customers who are month to month, or annual. Doing it to existing lifetime? Stinks.

I've been with TiVo long enough that I paid separately ($99) for "Home Media Option" on my S2 (it originally was an add on). TiVo bought some goodwill IMHO by implementing Skip-mode on existing hardware for free. They could have limited it to the Bolt, or charged more for it. (And I'd have gladly paid)

Instead of this ad "feature" if they offered new features, such as profiles, or better parental controls, and offered them as an add on (eg Lifetime subscribers, want user profiles? Now available for $100) I'd be all for it. Monthly subscription $5 more per month if you don't want preroll ads? Sure.

Forcing this "feature" on existing customers stinks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.