TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Two observations:

1. I paid roughly $1100 for a bolt and two minis with lifetime. Now a software update has added a feature that may have altered my decision if it was there when I purchased it. I’m sure there are thousands of people like me. For the lawyers in the forum, what legal recourse is there??

2. While I hate this decision as much as anybody here, in the scheme of things this is equivalent to a commercial playing at the start of a recorded show and you have to hit skip. Now it looks like, you will be forced to hit skip twice. Again, I understand the anger, but is this really that much of a negative?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Some initial thoughts after getting rid of the pre-roll. My initial Hydra experience was only last month after using Tivo's since 2002. It took me a little while to get used to it, but I was generally fine with the experience. In fact, my original mini seemed more responsive on the new UI. I did not realize I was seeing pre-rolls on the Bolt for the past couple of weeks. Just assumed mass advertising from some sponsors. "If you see something, say something", "DignityHealth" and local Subaru dealer. Around the same time, I started seeing the blue circle MUCH more frequently. I don't think I saw it at all the first few weeks. Now that my box has been reverted to its original condition, my opinion is that there is a noticeable difference in speed/response. I was immediately struck by how quickly programs loaded compared to most recent use. YMMV based on your personal UI experience.
This just re-affirms my decision to stick with TE3. I would love to have auto-skip and even though we now have some confirmation you can opt out of pre roll ads on TE4, the other potential drawbacks are just too big.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.