TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Yes. TE4 and maybe TE3 boxes. No official word from TiVo to customers, just TiVo spokespeople commenting to reporters.
So far this has only been on some folks with TE4 boxes but according to some folks this "feature" is coming to all TE4 and likely TE3 boxes. The initial retail customer response is outrage especially for folks on lifetime plans. No official word from Tivo to retail folks and some CSR's have allegedly reported these ads can be skipped/bypassed manually at this time.
Thanks! All my boxes are on TE3, so fingers crossed that it only affects the TE4 boxes. This really sucks, though. I hope they at least offer people on lifetime the ability to disable the feature.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
I'm just hoping TiVo at some point does communicate to their customers (other than via press comments) as to what is actually happening, to what boxes, etc ...
I don't envy Ted right now. I imagine he's been dreading this day, knowing full well the s*** was about to hit the fan. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.