TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

·
N5GGG
682 Posts
I'll reserve judgement until I see how it works on my system. If it ends up being intrusive and not easy to skip, I can always move over to my HDHomeRun + Plex backup. It works really well and can remove the commercials completely after the recording is finished.
I have Plex Pass lifetime myself. Old HDHomerun for backup OTA. Ive been waiting for them to release a 6 tuner cablecard unit before upgrading. Also have a 4 tuner Premier to fall back on, hoping it wont support the ads. I really miss SageTV to be honest. That was the best DVR/Server I have ever owned, but both SageTV boxes have stopped working, so I shut the server down.

·
N5GGG
682 Posts
Hmm, well since they have Premieres they HAVE to be on TE3 correct? Since a Premiere cannot run TE4? So they would not see the "Get New Experience" app since a Premiere cannot run it?

Your advice good for someone checking a Roamio or Bolt though.
Yea, I plugged in my Premier to get the software version, and noticed that it wouldnt even work with TE4. I had never paid attention, since it is my backup.

·
N5GGG
682 Posts
Can confirm pre-roll ads have been removed from my system after calling Tivo on Sunday.. HOWEVER, the guide ads are stil there. Will call them today. These are extremely annoying, i have memory of where specific channels are, now everything is all dorked up.
Guide ads were one of the reasons I dumped DirecTv and their overpriced DVR/HD/Multiroom package.

1 - 8 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.