TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
I
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like being able to choose to view an Ad that may interest me. Also I love the fact that TiVo Inc is finding additional revenue streams so that there future looks brighter and that we may see continued advances in TiVo software and hardware.

·
BaDoop BaDoop BaDoop
861 Posts
:up: :up: :up:

Imagine if TiVo can transform the management and consumption of currently undesired content (advertising) to the extent that they have transformed the management and consumption of desired content.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
BlackBetty said:
I like being able to choose to view an Ad that may interest me. Also I love the fact that TiVo Inc is finding additional revenue streams so that there future looks brighter and that we may see continued advances in TiVo software and hardware.
+1 :up:

Hey, does anyone remember when a commercial would come on for an upcoming TV show and suddenly the TiVo "thumbs up" logo would appear? You could push "select" (I think...maybe "thumbs up" :confused: ) on the remote and it would instantly take you to the screen to record the show, set an SP, etc.? Whatever happened to those? I liked them. If you paid attention you could even see them while FF through the commercials.

They still do that with some of the downloaded preview material, but I haven't seen it on "real" TV for ages. Or am I having one of those unfortunate flashback’s that aren't quite based on reality? ;)

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
steve614 said:
I still see those thumbs up suggestions every now and then and when I do, they're usually on FOX.
Phew...glad I'm not losing it. :rolleyes: We'll probably see them when "24" returns. Wish they'd invest in them elsewhere.

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
BlackBetty said:
I can't wait for the day that TiVo starts using my zip code to beam location specific ads straight to my TiVo.
Complain all you want but until you buy more TiVo DVRs I wont take you seriously.

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
RoyK said:
Wow! I don't find much I want to watch on Fox but isn't it possible you are putting it just a little strongly> :eek:
Wow, you've been a member of this forum for three years and have no clue about how often that phrase is used in this place?

and of course you don't find much to watch on FOX, they cancel all of their good shows before they've had a chance. Hence the popularity of that phrase.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Maybe it's because I'm new but I thought that this thread was going to launch into a campaign to get TiVo to increase advertisement on television on it's own product. The "masses" out there who think they have a TiVo but what they have a piece of crap cable company issued DVR need to be informed as to exactly how much better TiVo is then what they are currently using.

Now I'm not an ad man (or Mad Man as AMC puts it) but I think an entertaining and informative ad about the differences would be beneficial to TiVo.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
mick66 said:
Wow, you've been a member of this forum for three years and have no clue about how often that phrase is used in this place?

and of course you don't find much to watch on FOX, they cancel all of their good shows before they've had a chance. Hence the popularity of that phrase.
They show MASH, what else do you need?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.