TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a series2 single tuner tivo, The phone signal is digital so i cant dial out and our interent uses some special login before we can use it (wired).. when I plug the tivo in I am unable to connect to the internet.. I know xbox live works with most games because they did something special... is there anything I can do to connect to the internet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Talk to the IT people and tell them what you are trying to do, maybe they can help you out.
The only things I can think of are a router that does your login for you and using your computer as a router.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
It seems that there are many frustrated college students running into this exact problem, and it's almost impossible to get routers approved nor unsupported devices on the networks.

The best solution is to start dating a local girl who has a proper phone connection and have brunch at her place every Saturday while your Tivo gets updates on her phone line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not the best solution, but there are adapters to use analog phones on a digital phone system. I used to work tech support at a large company, and before notebook modems could take digital lines, we used to provide them to all the people with notebooks... usually after the boneheads would fry their modem. From what I remember, they were under 10 bucks, but you may have a time finding one, as all modems have that capability built-in now.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.