1) pull the Mini's power
2) pull the Mini's ethernet connection
3) wait a bit...just a minute or three
4) apply the Mini's power
5) after it restarts you'll get TiVo Central with a "no network" error message
6) plug in your ethernet connection
7) wait 15 to 30 seconds for the "no network" error to go way
8) go to Live TV

UPDATE: Live TV only played for a brief period. Now it's back in the loop. Ugh.
Thank you for this. After following the instructions. The new interface popped up and I didn't get any live TV. However, after doing a restart through the menu everything appears to be working normally

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Now that Zoom is treated as Exit, how do you change the aspect ratio while watching something? Zoom just bails out of it.
Wait so if Zoom is Exit now, how do we go back to the show in the video window? Zoom used to do that. I would be watching something, check the guide and then hit Zoom to back to what I was watching. What do we press now to go back to what we were watching that's in the video window.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No, Tivo is not going to force you to upgrade. Where did you read that?
Poor assumption by me as I've been with TiVo since the Sony series 1 and we've never had a choice to not upgrade UI/OS before. Even so, has TiVo stated they will continue to do updates, bug fixes, etc for the Old UI? I don't want to stay on it long term if it is now EOL (end of lifed). For now I'll stick with it, may upgrade to Bolt soon anyway and that would come with a new remote I guess. I don't care about Vox features. But between the lack of a back button and no live guide my excitement for Hydra died

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wait so if Zoom is Exit now, how do we go back to the show in the video window? Zoom used to do that. I would be watching something, check the guide and then hit Zoom to back to what I was watching. What do we press now to go back to what we were watching that's in the video window.
I believe Zoom will still do that (or Exit on a VOX remote).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Press Exit to expand video window. Press Back to go back 1 screen.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Poor assumption by me as I've been with TiVo since the Sony series 1 and we've never had a choice to not upgrade UI/OS before. Even so, has TiVo stated they will continue to do updates, bug fixes, etc for the Old UI? I don't want to stay on it long term if it is now EOL (end of lifed). For now I'll stick with it, may upgrade to Bolt soon anyway and that would come with a new remote I guess. I don't care about Vox features. But between the lack of a back button and no live guide my excitement for Hydra died
You might want to search for all of Tivo_Ted's posts. He indicated Hydra will be the platform that gets developed (or words to that effect).

·
Registered
134 Posts
right arrow brings up tuners//left arrow brings up favorites
So, to use the right arrow, how to you get the channels you want on the other tuners?
Watching football, I'd like to be able to switch between RedZone & the games on CBS & Fox.
-without having to record-

Nevermind, found out that I can select a tuner, and then change it... it was not intuitive when all tuners were showing the same thing.

141 - 160 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.