TiVo Community Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1099 Posts

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
I am "siding" with Hydra because I happen to like it quite a bit, just as you "side" with Encore because you prefer it. To each their own.

That's why they make both vanilla AND chocolate.

What I don't understand is why so many of those that dislike Hydra seem so angry about it. But then again, being angry seems to be at epidemic levels these days.
Like I have said many times, there are several features in Hydra that I would love to have. It is not very encouraging that they do not update it often enough for me to take the plunge.

Who's Angry??? :eek::rolleyes::p:rolleyes::D:D:D

And again, I wonder where Ted went off to...probably on vacation, which he surely deserves!

·
Registered
925 Posts
You know whats terrible is on the my shows list unlike the old tivo it doesn't show the recorded date beside recordings. You have to press select 3 times on the title to get that information what was shown right from the main list automatically before to the right of the program.
Is the is there a way to make it stop asking me for confirmation every time I want to delete a program when I pressed clear button on the main my shows page?

·
Unregistered User
323 Posts
You know whats terrible is on the my shows list unlike the old tivo it doesn't show the recorded date beside recordings. You have to press select 3 times on the title to get that information what was shown right from the main list automatically before to the right of the program.
Is the is there a way to make it stop asking me for confirmation every time I want to delete a program when I pressed clear button on the main my shows page?
More feature depreciation / obfuscation. Very unfortunate.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
To 1st comment: Really? Probably because everything is a folder (WHY? DUMB)

To 2nd comment: Really? You can't delete with the Clear button? I don't think I have seen that before in here. If everything is a Folder (DUMB), then that is how TE3 works and it does ask for a confirmation. I am assuming and sure I have seen that the Clear button does not ask for a confirmation on a single recording delete. Correct?

Who designed this? People who wanted to change everything about how a tivo works? It does not make any sense to be to add more key presses, etc, etc, etc...

Could you just imagine IF I "upgraded" to this, what I would really be posting all these months? But I am too smart to trust Tivo, Inc!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh that Clear button not deleting a program instantly drives me crazy. If I wanted to go through menus to find delete, I could do that. The clear button was always a quick instant way to delete a show... now it's a three button process unfortunately. Then again, almost all features of Hydra take more steps to accomplish.

·
Unregistered User
323 Posts
Oh that Clear button not deleting a program instantly drives me crazy. If I wanted to go through menus to find delete, I could do that. The clear button was always a quick instant way to delete a show... now it's a three button process unfortunately. Then again, almost all features of Hydra take more steps to accomplish.
Another "feature" of this childish UI.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I was browsing TiVo's support/spam forums and saw a new bug. When I bring up the guide, which has logos enabled, I see an HD or SD after the channel number. The banner also says HD. But if I look up the program description it says SD. Same for the More Info data. Cute.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Does the indicator seem to apply to the channel or the show?
The show. I found the pattern. If the description - (stuff in parenthesis) doesn't say HD, it defaults to SD in some places. Example is "Steve" on NBC 2pm EDT. That has SD in the description with TE4, but with TE3 there are no items in parenthesis.

I fixed my first post. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
It uses useless pictures instead of language.
An excessive attention to flashy graphics and arbitrary menu rearrangement over functionality
Ah, got it. You don't like the new Graphical UI so therefore it is childish. Better tell the rest of the OTT vendors! And for some reason a menu rearrangement got thrown in there as childish too.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I would have been happy to give Hydra a fair shake until I realized they got rid of the Tivo Live guide. I can't imagine anyone preferring that grid based guide over the traditional TiVo guide. Its one of the things that really separates Tivo from all of the others. At least give us the option which is what the DirecTV Tivos did. Until then, I'm going kicking and screaming.

1061 - 1080 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.