TiVo Community Forum banner
761 - 780 of 1099 Posts

·
UHD Addict
24,276 Posts
RC9 removed Plex shortcut, but added a settings shortcut
I'm not sure I understand. I only know I have the same shortcuts with Hydra that I have had since it was first released. I have one on the main page that I use with the number 5 key to open the Plex app. And I have a Plex shortcut in my favorite apps list.

·
TiVotarian
2,612 Posts
I'm not sure I understand. I only know I have the same shortcuts with Hydra that I have had since it was first released. I have one on the main page that I use with the number 5 key to open the Plex app. And I have a Plex shortcut in my favorite apps list.
Had similar Plex numbered shortcut and a favorite app. It just disappeared on its own from the shortcuts and when I go to settings Plex is no longer an option.
Nothing changed in the Favorite Apps.

·
UHD Addict
24,276 Posts
Had similar Plex numbered shortcut and a favorite app. It just disappeared on its own from the shortcuts and when I go to settings Plex is no longer an option.
Nothing changed in the Favorite Apps.
OK. Mine never disappeared on my TiVos on the main page.

And Plex is still an option in the shortcut menu.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since switching to Hydra, can't seem to figure out how to play all recordings of a particular show. Ie. Prior to Hydra, if i hit play on name of series in my shows list, all available episodes would play but can't seem to figure out how to do this on new UI. Any idea how to do this now?

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Can anybody explain what bookmarks are, I may have missed something as I don't study TiVo full time.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Can anybody explain what bookmarks are, I may have missed something as I don't study TiVo full time.
Bookmarks are not new with Hydra. They are links to streaming options for the same show. For example, CBS was having problems Thursday so when I went to watch Big Bang Theory, it was constant pixelation. I deleted the show and selected the "Delete and Replace With Bookmark" option. Now when this episode of BBT is available via streaming (in this case Xfinity OnDemand) it will pop up in My Shows.

Other ways to create bookmarks will sometimes give you options to bookmark whole specific seasons of a show.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
You sure? Seems consistent to me. OAD in the future gets "airs"; OAD in the past gets "aired."
Quick sample. Today, NBC:
10am MTP Aired
1pm PGA Aired
7pm FNIA Airs
8:20pm SNF Aired

OAD in the past isn't retroactive either or they would be changing the two days of guide data still available. I see no pattern.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Quick sample. Today, NBC:
10am MTP Aired
1pm PGA Aired
7pm FNIA Airs
8:20pm SNF Aired

OAD in the past isn't retroactive either or they would be changing the two days of guide data still available. I see no pattern.
The 10am and 1pm issues could be explained away by the airs/aired logic incorrectly using GMT time instead of local time for it's date comparison, but that wouldn't explain the 8:20pm issue. Maybe the trouble cases are just on the current day? Do you see examples of "aired" tomorrow and beyond?

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Do you see examples of "aired" tomorrow and beyond?
Good point on UTC. Check CBS tomorrow starting now. All starting at 11am EST are "Aired".

Seems that the first Airs are very rare. That might mean something. Note: this is not really important when compared to other guide issues.

Update: If a new program "event" does not have a Aired date, it will be assigned an Airs date. This may be a new function to insure everything has a date. On a non-Hydra guide, there is no date. Fox's The OT at 7pm is another example. I can switch from Hydra to 20.7.4 with one button on my AVR. Makes for quick comparisons. :cool:

I guess I'm the only one who thinks "First Airs" is poor grammar also. We should stick with OAD.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Bookmarks are not new with Hydra. They are links to streaming options for the same show. For example, CBS was having problems Thursday so when I went to watch Big Bang Theory, it was constant pixelation. I deleted the show and selected the "Delete and Replace With Bookmark" option. Now when this episode of BBT is available via streaming (in this case Xfinity OnDemand) it will pop up in My Shows.

Other ways to create bookmarks will sometimes give you options to bookmark whole specific seasons of a show.
I use this for movies that we didn't see in the theater which show up in a Streaming Movies folder in gen 3 UI. I go through the list every so often to see what might be available via streaming or to see if it's available to record.

Scott

761 - 780 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.