TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 26 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Defending an indefensible position. Arrogance! Pure arrogance! Yes you know better than the thousands of customers who are now complaining. Somewhere Tivo must have had a meeting where they all said let's change the interface for the sake of change. Oh and BTW it's NOT intuitive. A lot of things are harder and the bugs are everywhere. I have sold dozens of friends on Tivo over the years. That has ended. And until Tivo fixes the bugs and flaws I have changed my Amazon reviews to one star. Yes Tivo this was not a good move. Defend it all you want bottom line the user experience was not made better it is worse.
1000s eh? And, of course, no one can disagree with you without incurring the wrath of Dean. And you can read the minds of the designers and other Tivo staff. You are truly gifted.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Uh oh. So here we have a multi-page thread discussing the new interface. Whenever anyone says anything bad about it, they're attacked and told that this board is just a small sampling of the user base, and in no way representative of said user base.

But on the other hand, here we have a review that basically calls it lipstick on a pig. Pretty new face, same old problems.
You just couldn't let the review stand on its own. You had to add your mischaracterization of the review.

Actual quotes from the review follow.

Summary
1. Hydra "...is a major improvement, eliminating sources of confusion and helping the actual content shine through."
2. App "...support is still lacking"

"Software steps forward
The Tivo Bolt Vox's biggest new feature is its software, previously codenamed "Hydra" and now just known as the New User Interface."

"The new software strikes a more modern look, trading rounded rectangles and color gradients for sharp edges and solid colors. It's also more visual, often letting you scroll through thumbnail images instead of plain text. More importantly, it provides a much-needed streamlining to the menu system."

"Voice commands are helpful too, letting you jump around the menu system and search for titles, actors, and directors. The remote seldom failed to understand me..."

"TiVo's software still has some rough patches. Transitions and animations tend to be choppy compared to modern streaming boxes, and TiVo's ribbon menu concept-in which rows of image thumbnails appear as you scroll through a column of menu text-can be disorienting compared to fully image-driven apps like Netflix. There's also no apparent way to browse shows by genre while filtering out results from streaming services. And most annoyingly of all, TiVo always reverts to playing live TV when it's left alone in a menu for too long. It really ought to revert to standby mode instead."

"But on balance, the new interface is a major improvement, eliminating sources of confusion and helping the actual content shine through."

21 - 26 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.