TiVo Community Forum banner
541 - 560 of 1099 Posts

·
Oppo Beta Group
582 Posts
I checked around fifteen shows last night with the episode strip. But out of those only two had repeating pictures. Van Helsing and The Blacklist. The rest had a different picture for each episode.
By gum, most of my show episode specific images. I must of gotten lucky.
This is an example were the episode strip options have merit and likely a constituency.

- Rich

·
Unregistered User
322 Posts
My take... I have used Hydra since the day it was released and outside of the three or so bugs (loss of audio forwarding past the buffer, a channel missing in the guide and loss of audio coming out of "sleep" mode) it's a non event. After the initial half hour I can do what I did before within a few seconds and the experience is 99% the same... I view my recordings. However I will say every so often I find a new feature or way of doing something that I come to appreciate.

Interface wise it's rather difficult to judge as I have spent well over a decade with the previous one so my mind is far from neutral. However the new interface is clearly more modern and offers "elegant" touches that wasn't possible with the old interface. Clearly it has the ability to integrate the DVR's content into the user interface/experience to a much larger degree.

Now whether one prefers a text or graphical based interface this may or may not be seen as favorable. As well as how well one can adjust to a few seconds of change nightly. To a large degree I think only those who have never used TiVo can really judge how good or bad the new interface is. The rest of us have far too much bias... many can't even get over a button press here or there.
This about more than re-skinning UI or a button press here or there. When core functions are broken, like transfers, that's not a matter of "bias". It's broken functionality and a step backwards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi gang. It’s been a very long time since I posted here, but I’m hoping some of you TiVO gurus can help me. I upgraded to the Hydra interface several days ago, and, for the most part, I like it. But I can’t find two things... the Recently Deleted Shows Folder and the Transfer Show (from one TiVO to another) options. Any hints on where to look? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi gang. It's been a very long time since I posted here, but I'm hoping some of you TiVO gurus can help me. I upgraded to the Hydra interface several days ago, and, for the most part, I like it. But I can't find two things... the Recently Deleted Shows Folder and the Transfer Show (from one TiVO to another) options. Any hints on where to look? Thanks for any info.
Recently deleted shows is at bottom of list of My Shows. Don't know about transfers.. I don't use this function.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Hi gang. It's been a very long time since I posted here, but I'm hoping some of you TiVO gurus can help me. I upgraded to the Hydra interface several days ago, and, for the most part, I like it. But I can't find two things... the Recently Deleted Shows Folder and the Transfer Show (from one TiVO to another) options. Any hints on where to look? Thanks for any info.
You have to use TiVo online to transfer shows between boxes using Hydra

·
Unregistered User
322 Posts
Transfers is broken under the new interface, especially using pyTivo to transfer to/from a PC.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The only thing I don't like is how the Tivo Suggestions are displayed. It shows the episode name and number instead of the show name. VERY DUMB!!

It should tell me the show names not "S10 E27 Unholy Alliance" yet others do say show name "Through the Wormhole"

And if there is a way to fix this, please let me know. It's not very intuitive.

·
TiVotarian
2,612 Posts
The only thing I don't like is how the Tivo Suggestions are displayed. It shows the episode name and number instead of the show name. VERY DUMB!!

It should tell me the show names not "S10 E27 Unholy Alliance" yet others do say show name "Through the Wormhole"

Good catch, that is a mess. And you didn't show, but the info on right with graphic and description doesn't have the show name either. The Episode Strip version shows the Program Name or graphic, but in the text version it is indeed impossible to determine what the show is.

If you enable the Filter version of Suggestions (A for options) and view Suggestions as a filtered list instead of the list presented from the selection in All Shows, the information seems to be presented properly.

·
TiVotarian
2,612 Posts
In this specific case it didn't fall through the cracks. It was identified as a bug before release but wasn't considered significant enough to delay the release.
interesting, no idea what the show is yet apparently too complex for a quick fix?
Seems strange since they have the same list done right.

There does seem to be a few issues around My Shows/Episode Strip, perhaps it will be a while before we see improvements.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So apparently in my shows, you can press D to remove the 'large box picture' of the current show. I went through and pressed D over all my shows one by one and was able to get rid of all the pictures. I was so excited to have my simple list again... until one of those same shows recorded again, and the damn picture came back. Ugh, I was so excited I thought I figured out a work-a-round for the pictures. Don't waste your time trying that idea!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts

I could have sworn I was seeing this on the old UI as well within the past several weeks. Are you sure this isn't just a Rovi screwup that affects everybody?

541 - 560 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.