TiVo Community Forum banner
401 - 420 of 1099 Posts

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
Here’s a new one.

You can have a channel in your favorites list that is not in your channel list.

Used to be that if you removed a channel from your channels, it removed it from favorites if it were there.

You can’t get to it on the set favorites list if it is not in your channel list but you can turn them on and off individually via the guide.

I’d say it’s a bug?

·
TakoKichi
14,458 Posts
Here's a new one.

You can have a channel in your favorites list that is not in your channel list.

Used to be that if you removed a channel from your channels, it removed it from favorites if it were there.

You can't get to it on the set favorites list if it is not in your channel list but you can turn them on and off individually via the guide.

I'd say it's a bug?
I did something like that, but the bug was ME, not Hydra. :oops:

I went to "Remove" an odd SD channel, but accidentally tagged it as a "Favorite". Realizing my mistake, I "Removed" it from the channel list. After that, the SD channel was still visible from the LEFT-CLICK tile set. D'uh. I needed to go back into Channel Settings, Add it back, then un-Favorite it again..

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
I did something like that, but the bug was ME, not Hydra. :oops:

I went to "Remove" an odd SD channel, but accidentally tagged it as a "Favorite". Realizing my mistake, I "Removed" it from the channel list. After that, the SD channel was still visible from the LEFT-CLICK tile set. D'uh. I needed to go back into Channel Settings, Add it back, then un-Favorite it again..
Or go to the guide, click on the name on the left. It will give you options.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
Isn't it an RC? On their own site it says it's an RC2 which implies it's a beta no? I work in this field and just was curious.
All their updates are Release Candidates. They may bump the RC up on the next update or change it to 21.7.x. I am sure there will be one soon. They will be updating several times in the next few months, I think...and that really is a real good thing. :D

On another note, I wish they would at least put SkipMode in 20.7.x for Series4...

·
Registered
13 Posts
How can I tell if Hydra firmware is updated?
I own an Oppo 205 and when a new firmware is available a message will pop up and ask if I want to do the upgrade.
When I had Dish they would just update, but I could tell because it would start up on a different screen than usual.
Does Tivo give any kind of warning or will it just upgrade?
I see the software version listed as 21.7.2.RC7-A93-6-A93 (on my mini). Is this the original Mini Hydra or has it been changed?
I'd like to know when they do an upgrade so that I can see if the 'guide' issues have been addressed and fixed.
Thank
Tom

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
How can I tell if Hydra firmware is updated?
I own an Oppo 205 and when a new firmware is available a message will pop up and ask if I want to do the upgrade.
When I had Dish they would just update, but I could tell because it would start up on a different screen than usual.
Does Tivo give any kind of warning or will it just upgrade?
I see the software version listed as 21.7.2.RC7-A93-6-A93 (on my mini). Is this the original Mini Hydra or has it been changed?
I'd like to know when they do an upgrade so that I can see if the 'guide' issues have been addressed and fixed.
Thank
Tom
It will upgrade on it's own overnight.

You can either check here or periodically check the software version like you've been doing. For larger updates (2 or 3 times a year), a message will pop up on your TiVo announcing the new headline features.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I want to start off by saying I hated the UI when I saw it weeks ago, too much like the Xfinity X1. I am saying this as I accidentally upgraded yesterday thinking it was going to come anyways, but its starting to turn me and liking it after using it some. I like the colors of everything, like the fonts of the guide and other places and so on. Its going to take some getting used to how the My Shows and other things work, but I already ordered the VOX remote so plan to try everything out before making a final call.

401 - 420 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.