TiVo Community Forum banner
321 - 340 of 1099 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
A positive comment about Hydra - the Pandora app is a lot better. It loads and starts playing MUCH quicker and I no longer get the occasional 2 - 3 minute pauses between songs. I am fairly certain the pauses were not a Pandora service issue as my phone never did it even on the same network

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
It seems like I've seen people complain over the last few months about boxes only phoning home like every 24 (or more) hours.
About every 26 hours, I believe.

It never connects during certain hours, something like 6:00 pm to 2:00 am, not sure exactly. A 4:48 pm connection would put the next scheduled in the 6-2 zone, so one is scheduled for after 2:00 am.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I watched the clip showing the Hydra interface and just have to say "Ick/Ugh". Do people really like/want the tile UI with a picture of the movie/TV series rather than an actual name for the folder? It's the one feature that I hated with Plex but at least Plex still allows you to use folders. Can this "upgrade" be put off forever?

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
About every 26 hours, I believe.

It never connects during certain hours, something like 6:00 pm to 2:00 am, not sure exactly. A 4:48 pm connection would put the next scheduled in the 6-2 zone, so one is scheduled for after 2:00 am.
You are correct. And if you connect at 5pm, don't expect a guide extension at 3am even though it will be your next connection. Unless you force connections, you will have one day with no added data and one day with two days of data. This is a pattern I have seen all month.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I watched the clip showing the Hydra interface and just have to say "Ick/Ugh". Do people really like/want the tile UI with a picture of the movie/TV series rather than an actual name for the folder? It's the one feature that I hated with Plex but at least Plex still allows you to use folders. Can this "upgrade" be put off forever?
In many cases you can turn off pictures. I'm particular the list of my shows. The icon only shows for shows you are in the middle of watching.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
TDL shepherd
17,526 Posts
I believe that particular feature is called the "episode strip" and it can be disabled, reverting to just displaying the textual show name.

Click 'A' within My Shows to customize.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I’m not a fan of tiles but the only really annoying ones are the right and left arrows for favorites and buffers. They are too big and don’t have data until you highlight them. Otherwise, the tiles don’t interfere that much.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another note on Harmony Elite remotes: seeing some of the comments here made me wonder whether there wasn’t an updated version of the TiVo profile in the database. Sure enough, when I deleted the “TiVo Roamio” profile and added the “Tivo Roamio Pro” profile, I got stop mapped to back and other mapping’s people had mentioned. Thanks!

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
321 - 340 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.