TiVo Community Forum banner
301 - 320 of 1099 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
So when is Hydra coming if you DON'T request it?

I'm a pretty gigantic fan of the S2/S3 interface, and the Bolt (and I guess Romeo) interface (which IMO, surprisingly, manages to be a mild upgrade overall, with a few very minor downgrades), AND it sounds like Hydra is missing features, and focuses on features I don't use, soooooooo I'm not going to REQUEST it, but...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
It must depend on what software is on the remote. The Zoom button on my Gen1 Mini IR remote doesn't work as a Back button. It simply gives the "bang" sound and doesn't do anything. The workaround is to hit TiVo and start over. Luck of the draw...
That's weird. With the remote I'm using with my Gen1 Mini IR, Zoom works as back just fine.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
So when is Hydra coming if you DON'T request it?

I'm a pretty gigantic fan of the S2/S3 interface, and the Bolt (and I guess Romeo) interface (which IMO, surprisingly, manages to be a mild upgrade overall, with a few very minor downgrades), AND it sounds like Hydra is missing features, and focuses on features I don't use, soooooooo I'm not going to REQUEST it, but...
Right now there is no plan on forcing it out, it will always be by request unless you buy a VOX TiVo. However it has been stated that future development will be mostly for Hydra with Encore/Quattro only getting bug fixes

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I also have a Harmony Elite, and thinking I will remap the [left-arrow] to [tivo-back], and [long-press left-arrow] to [tivo-left]. This will let me continue to use left arrow as back, but still have the left for "favorites". will now be able to map [Harmony Exit] to [Tivo-Exit] instead of Live-TV, which give different results based on what's on screen.
Of course, this is when these commands are made available through Harmony.
I think you will find the commands there, I just logged in to map a back button on my Ultimate Home and I saw all commands available. It turned out [Harmony Stop] was already [TiVo Back] so I was set there

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Give the box a hard reboot and try it in the all shows on a folder name, I haven't tried the final build as I am vacation, will check when I get home or time to try the sling access?
Sorry, to clarify I didn't mean clearing and deleting a folder full of shows, I meant clearing and deleting the whole TiVo, a setting under Help and Reset Box. All of the resets appear inactive now except rerun guided setup.

·
Always Autocorrected
13,757 Posts
Right now there is no plan on forcing it out, it will always be by request unless you buy a VOX TiVo. However it has been stated that future development will be mostly for Hydra with Encore/Quattro only getting bug fixes
How do you request it if you missed the field trials sign up because the site wouldn't work for you. Is it open again?

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,224 Posts
I updated my mom's Roamio - she's 85. She seemed a bit confused since there's so much more on the screen. Also it overscans on her Vizio so the little tivo character is partially off-screen. I hope she gets used to it!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would never do such a mean thing to my mother. Her Bolt will remain on the current UI which she barely can figure out as it is. Change with no benefit is not worth the headache of trying to reteach it to her!

I updated my mom's Roamio - she's 85. She seemed a bit confused since there's so much more on the screen. Also it overscans on her Vizio so the little tivo character is partially off-screen. I hope she gets used to it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is how it is supposed to work. If someone has an older remote that is not sending a BACK command when pressing the Zoom button, can you please post a picture of the remote?
Here is a picture of a remote that came with my Series 3 (mod 650). The Zoom button (labeled Aspect) works like a live TV button not a back button. While I know the old Series 3 does NOT support Hydra, some people may still be using this model of remote with their newer TiVo
Automotive parking light Tool Font Electric blue Fashion accessory

·
Registered
521 Posts
Here is a picture of a remote that came with my Series 3 (mod 650). The Zoom button (labeled Aspect) works like a live TV button not a back button. While I know the old Series 3 does NOT support Hydra, some people may still be using this model of remote with their newer TiVo View attachment 31208
Okay, that is a pretty old remote. What I meant to say is that the MINI is supposed to support using Zoom as Back using the remote that came with the MINI.

301 - 320 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.