TiVo Community Forum banner
261 - 280 of 1099 Posts

·
Nick of Time
165 Posts
From what I remember for older remotes without a back button, the zoom button actually sends different codes, than the zoom button on remotes with a back button sends. Someone with a first gen slide remote (no back button) should try and post how/if it works.
It must depend on what software is on the remote. The Zoom button on my Gen1 Mini IR remote doesn't work as a Back button. It simply gives the "bang" sound and doesn't do anything. The workaround is to hit TiVo and start over. Luck of the draw...

·
Registered
1 Posts
So someone else kinda asked this but I haven’t seen a solution yet. Anyone find anything like when you pressed the up arrow on gen3? It would show you what res you were using and more useful for me would let you swap. More strange has anyone else has issues where if you select any (and I mean any even passthrough) 4K or 1080p resolution along with the ones below that it will just always render at the highest? This is really annoying as my tv seems to upscale better but I also got some 4K I want to be able to flip to but to it goes down to 720 if I don’t want 720p content upscaled.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a general question....if I go to

What to Watch > Sports

Why do the World Series and Sunday Night Football NOT show up as choices at this moment, as they are Prime Time headline events happening right now? Instead it immediately shows me a sporting event happening three days from now, then an NBA game for tomorrow?

·
I miss the ocean
6,926 Posts

What to Watch > Sports

Why do the World Series and Sunday Night Football NOT show up as choices at this moment, as they are Prime Time headline events happening right now? Instead it immediately shows me a sporting event happening three days from now, then an NBA game for tomorrow?
I see WS when I scroll to left under More sports. Shows all sports LIVE now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What device?

I am not seeing this. ( Bolt) I am at start of buffer of eagles, and hit 30s a few times, and no audio drop outs.
You need to be a little before the end of the buffer, then hit 30s a few times so it would overshoot the LiveTV point. Then the picture will stutter, the audio will drop, then the picture will resume with no sound.

What to Watch > Sports

If you select MORE SPORTS then select SPORTS ON NOW, you'll get the in progress games. I don't think it offers the stuff that has already started airing (though some TV shows in ON TODAY are offered that have already started).

I believe that some of these "strips" are intended to learn your viewing patterns, not just what you watch, but when you watch it. So give it a little time (perhaps a week) to figure out your viewing patterns.

·
I miss the ocean
6,926 Posts
You need to be a little before the end of the buffer, then hit 30s a few times so it would overshoot the LiveTV point. Then the picture will stutter, the audio will drop, then the picture will resume with no sound.
ohh, I was at the begining of the buffer, and not the end......

I posted in the bug thread, that I have breaking audio on some of my live shows, and I just figured out (with your help) that it's this bug. Mine doesn't resume with no sound, but it's very choppy unless I go back using 8 second RR, of just leave channel and go back.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
So how do the people with first gen Mini (IR Remote only) get around the fact their remote does not have a Back button?

Do they have to get a new remote? If they do, will it work with that version of Mini, which does not do RF?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Overall, I am liking Hydra more than I thought I would. I have a Roamio Pro and a first gen Mini. Both run just as fast, perhaps slightly faster in some ways, than they did in the old UI.

Like many, the 17 years of "Left equals Back, Right equals forward" is going to be the hardest change for me to stomach, although I am already starting to get used to the back button (universal remote). I do not yet have Vox remotes, but I will likely pick at least one up in the next few weeks. I have a regular X1 cable box in the bedroom that I really enjoy the voice features on (and just picked up an Apple TV 4K, same can be said for Siri). I started moving away from using Tivo native apps and was using my old Apple TV (3rd Gen) or PS4 for Netflix and Amazon, as it seems like the apps are getting worse and worse over time. Amazon will often cause my Tivo to crash when I exit it, and doesn't always respond to commands. Netflix, as of a few updates ago, has also sadly become laggy and sometimes non-responsive (both work fine on the Mini, and even if they cause the Mini to crash, I care much less about that crashing than the Roamio).

Hydra is not without it's bugs, but for essentially a "1.0" experience, it's much less buggy than I expected, and does the core functionality (record TV shows) well so far. Depending on how Voice works in comparison to X1, it could definitely mean staying with Tivo longer than I planned originally. I have lifetime on the Pro, but before hydra was planning on moving to X1 when the Pro finally dies. Hydra has given me pause, although a Bolt+ with Lifetime would take a long time to break even vs an X1 box at $10 per month, which is definitely a consideration.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Looks like Clear and Delete Everything is non functional in Hydra, if you click it it just hangs and does not prompt you to acknowledge, etc. Same with Clear Guide Data/To Do List and Clear Thumbs/Suggestions. I also posted this in another thread but copying here for reference.
Same result on my Roamio OTA, just get a blue circle of death (as my wife calls it).

Also, a couple of my channels have gotten jacked up. One, I really don't care about, the other is the CW affiliate, and I record several shows on that one, so am a bit annoyed with that at the moment.

Hoped running Guide Setup would resolve that issue, but that just results in a blue circle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I notice that information regarding resolution Such as 720i etc is not being displayed in the guide or more information. My Tv does 4k but I do like to know the native resolution of the current show I am watching if at all possible.
I prefer the TiVo to output in Native Resolution, but it seems like this is broke in Hydra. Anyone know of any fixes or workarounds?

·
TakoKichi
11,766 Posts
What about pressing and holding skip to get to the end of the buffer? Does that cause you to lose audio?
Interesting. This does not cause the same audio loss.

However, I notice when I press and hold Skip, it does not bring me to the very front of the buffer. I can still see a sliver of green in the progress bar to the right of the tick mark.

This could be a viable approach until (if) addressed by TiVo.

Thx

·
Registered
370 Posts
After reading every page so far I took the plunge. I never used live guide so wasn't concerned with that. A few things I found right away I hadn't seen mentioned yet were Doesn't seem like you can turn folders/groups off. Which totally ruins it for me. I always am 3-4 weeks behind on shows. I don't like to binge watch the same shows episodes one after another.... so I would always go to "recordings" and started at the bottom watching oldest things just in the order they recorded. When folders is turned on it bumps the shows to the top of the list each time a new episode airs. For instance if I just wanna watch everything I recorded from 10/5/17 I don't see how to do that now (hopefully its just a setting Im missing).

EDIT TO ADD: This also makes it harder to see which shows will be deleted soon for space before I could just scan the list of shows and see the yellow / green or blue dots now it seems you have to click on each folder to see if a show is marked keep or save until space is needed.

Also adding on to the clock trick not working... the one I also always turned on after every reboot was SPS88S which was the 4X FF one so you dont' have to hit play (for channels without skip like E! / MTV / VH1)

261 - 280 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.