TiVo Community Forum banner
241 - 260 of 1099 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Looks like Clear and Delete Everything is non functional in Hydra, if you click it it just hangs and does not prompt you to acknowledge, etc. Same with Clear Guide Data/To Do List and Clear Thumbs/Suggestions. I also posted this in another thread but copying here for reference.

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
I'm getting a black screen on my Tivo mini. I unplug and then it reboots to the old interface and then goes to a black screen. If I hit a button the remote the old UI comes up and not much more happens. I keep unplugging the Mini and it keeps rebooting but then goes to a black screen and nothing else seems to happen. This isn't good as I now have Mini that is not functional.
remove the eth cable or coax from the mini, go to network settings and initiate a connection to Tivo, plug the eth or coax back in, you should see it downloading something if its ready for the upgrade.

·
I am Groot!
64,306 Posts
I just (accidentally) used Left at the end of a recording, and it acted as it did in the old software (returned me to Now Playing with a prompt to delete the recording). It didn't do that earlier. So it seems to be spotty as to how it will respond...

·
Registered
777 Posts
What is the workaround for the lack of a back button on the remote? I've been trying to find that all afternoon. I have 2 gen 1 minis attached to two different Roamios. One of them is for my 83 year old MiL, so I'm worried that she won't be able to handle any complex workarounds.
What do you mean lack of a back button? My back button works fine.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Another behavior change is that every show in My Shows is treated as a folder. So if you select a single recording, it opens into a folder with only 1 item in it rather than going directly to the Play screen. Extra unnecessary click.
Interestingly, I had that happen this past week with one recording on my Roamio Pro with 20.7.4.

Scott

·
Registered
777 Posts
I notice that information regarding resolution Such as 720i etc is not being displayed in the guide or more information. My Tv does 4k but I do like to know the native resolution of the current show I am watching if at all possible.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I notice that information regarding resolution Such as 720i etc is not being displayed in the guide or more information. My Tv does 4k but I do like to know the native resolution of the current show I am watching if at all possible.
It is in parenthesis with the HD and CC stuff. It is not in the guide itself but in the info banner. I don't think it was ever in the guide.

·
I am Groot!
64,306 Posts
Has Search By Channel been very cleverly hidden, or is it really now gone?

I hope it's still there somewhere, otherwise I'll start to get a little pissed over losing both Live Guide and Search By Channel, and completely losing that functionality.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
It is the nuclear option. At times it will do the same thing but it doesn't really go back, it seems to go up and out like an exit.

Someone summarized that elsewhere but it made my head hurt.
I have noticed that the Zoom Button does seem to simulate back
From what I remember for older remotes without a back button, the zoom button actually sends different codes, than the zoom button on remotes with a back button sends. Someone with a first gen slide remote (no back button) should try and post how/if it works.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
From what I remember for older remotes without a back button, the zoom button actually sends different codes, than the zoom button on remotes with a back button sends. Someone with a first gen slide remote (no back button) should try and post how/if it works.
I am using the remotes that came with my old premieres and the zoom button works as the back button. I let everybody use the old remotes as I don't care if they get dropped or damaged.

Reactions: atmuscarella

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Has Search By Channel been very cleverly hidden, or is it really now gone?

I hope it's still there somewhere, otherwise I'll start to get a little pissed over losing both Live Guide and Search By Channel, and completely losing that functionality.
I really thought I saw it but I guess not. The only thing I can find is up arrow but that gives you big ugly tiles.

241 - 260 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.