TiVo Community Forum banner
221 - 240 of 1099 Posts

·
UHD Addict
24,275 Posts
Is that a 4TB internal drive or a 3TB internal with a 1TB Expander? I'm hoping the former because I have an 8TB drive in my Roamio Pro and was looking for somebody with an upgraded drive to report a successful Hydra upgrade.
It's a 4TB internal drive.

·
UHD Addict
24,275 Posts
I cannot find the detailed info screen that had the file size of each program on it. Anyone?
I don't see the size info any more either. When I hit the info button while the show is selected, it doesn't show it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm probably going to be a little controversial here, but everyone asking for the left/right selection/back button functionality, I think you are wrong.

There is a fundamental change in the design of the UI for Hydra. Before there was a "left to go in to something, right to back out" model, the new UI is a select to go in, back to go out model. It would be wrong to use left and right as equivalents for those. Just my opinion, but it hasn't taken me long to get used to select/back and it is consistent with the look of the interface that doesn't have the little "left/right > <" indicators but reflects a more traditional "select" interface.

Probably didn't word that very well, but in my opinion, learn to use "back", it makes sense with the style of the new interface.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'm probably going to be a little controversial here, but everyone asking for the left/right selection/back button functionality, I think you are wrong.

There is a fundamental change in the design of the UI for Hydra. Before there was a "left to go in to something, right to back out" model, the new UI is a select to go in, back to go out model. It would be wrong to use left and right as equivalents for those. Just my opinion, but it hasn't taken me long to get used to select/back and it is consistent with the look of the interface that doesn't have the little "left/right > <" indicators but reflects a more traditional "select" interface.

Probably didn't word that very well, but in my opinion, learn to use "back", it makes sense with the style of the new interface.
I have to say I agree including your analysis of the style of the interface. The only issue is for the remotes out there without a back button. In my case with a Harmony it is just a few minutes of programming but for older TiVo remotes the only option is a new remote. Zoom will get you out of the menu but it is still not a one level back

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
I have to say I agree including your analysis of the style of the interface. The only issue is for the remotes out there without a back button. In my case with a Harmony it is just a few minutes of programming but for older TiVo remotes the only option is a new remote. Zoom will get you out of the menu but it is still not a one level back
I do, too. The left/right was inconsistent. It worked often but not always. They seem to have aimed at consistency in hydra. I don't expect left to come back.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
What is the workaround for the lack of a back button on the remote? I've been trying to find that all afternoon. I have 2 gen 1 minis attached to two different Roamios. One of them is for my 83 year old MiL, so I'm worried that she won't be able to handle any complex workarounds.
I use a gen 2 remote for the gen 1, so I have the back button. I did this for continuity a while ago.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Put my Roamio OTA and Mini on the update list, then went to a late lunch, and came back to find both units with pending restarts.

Did the Roamio first. I switched inputs on my TV to watch something else while I waited. As others have reported, took 10 minutes tops. No hitches.

On the Mini, as others have reported, the screen goes blank. DISCONNECT THE NETWORK TO STOP THIS. In my case, this meant unplugging the Ethernet cable. Then easily navigated to Network settings and started the pending update. Plugged the network cable back in while it powered down. Upgrade went without a hitch.

Will definitely take a bit to adjust to the new UI.

That's all I have for now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm getting a black screen on my Tivo mini. I unplug and then it reboots to the old interface and then goes to a black screen. If I hit a button the remote the old UI comes up and not much more happens. I keep unplugging the Mini and it keeps rebooting but then goes to a black screen and nothing else seems to happen. This isn't good as I now have Mini that is not functional.

221 - 240 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.