TiVo Community Forum banner
181 - 200 of 1099 Posts

·
PeterNE
26 Posts
I like the changes overall. I have a Tivo Roamio and plan to get a voice remote shortly.

The guide shows more information now and it is easy to read. It appears as though the arrow to the right and the fast forward button now do the same thing in guide. I like the granularity of the right row (30 minutes) vs the fast forward button (a few hours).

I have to click on a show before I can hit play. (Wish I could just hit play from the my shows list as before)

Getting used to the back button will be annoying but doable.

Hopefully, they listen to the feedback here and tweak the interface, but no road blocks as far as I see.

Peter

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
If you don't like the guide try this. Start with the arrow up, then up and down will scroll through the channels able to see ahead by using right arrow.

After pressing up, you can also enter a channel number and jump to it, not changing channel but jumping ahead in the guide. Looks like a live guide work around. I like this better than grid.

·
Mount Airy, MD
728 Posts
You dont have to do anything to your mini. Unplug your MAIN BOX from the network. Then you should be able to navigate the minis menu and have it update.
That worked, thanks!

To summarize for others...and this was on a Gen 1 Mini:

1) unplug Roamio (or Bolt) from the network (note: the Roamio/Bolt already has Hydra)
2) force a network connection on the Mini
3) press select to start the update
4) once the Mini is running Hydra...reconnect the Roamio to the network.

I'd say this process took 25 to 30 minutes, total. It's a bit unnerving in that when rebooting the Mini, after the Hydra upgrade, the screen goes black for just long enough to convince you that something is wrong...but then everything comes up and starts working.

And, of course...you've already signed up ALL your devices for the upgrade on the TiVo upgrade page.

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
If you don't like the guide try this. Start with the arrow up, then up and down will scroll through the channels able to see ahead by using right arrow.

After pressing up, you can also enter a channel number and jump to it, not changing channel but jumping ahead in the guide. Looks like a live guide work around. I like this better than grid.
If you like that better, it just means you have a solid hatred of the guide. That is nothing like the live guide.

·
COX Communications
2,502 Posts
What the heck does "Go to episode list" under My Shows --> Options (A key) do? I've toggled the option multiple times and don't see any difference in how the UI behaves.
It turns Off/On the Tiles in a folder of My Shows.
Try the following settings:
Menu > Settings > User Preferences > My Shows Options
Show Episode Strip: No
Go to episode list: Yes

Reactions: mrizzo80

·
UHD Addict
23,267 Posts
Overall I'm really liking Hydra. I have already decided to switch all my TiVos to it. I just added them to the update list.

Reactions: foghorn2

·
UHD Addict
23,267 Posts
Glitch:

Using a few 30skips in quick succession (to get to front of the buffer) leaves me with no audio. Need to skip-back to get audio to return.

Nearly 100% repeatable.
I just tried that here from one of my Bolts on hydra with a couple of shows. I didn't loose audio. I even quickly hit the skip button twenty times so it would go forward ten minutes at 30 second intervals. My audio was still there.

181 - 200 of 1099 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.