TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
I'm getting a black screen on my Tivo mini. I unplug and then it reboots to the old interface and then goes to a black screen. If I hit a button the remote the old UI comes up and not much more happens. I keep unplugging the Mini and it keeps rebooting but then goes to a black screen and nothing else seems to happen. This isn't good as I now have Mini that is not functional.
remove the eth cable or coax from the mini, go to network settings and initiate a connection to Tivo, plug the eth or coax back in, you should see it downloading something if its ready for the upgrade.

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
^^

all this reminds me of early 80's bands that progressed and changed their sound, the early fans called them sellouts and were all of the sudden loud critics while the bands were gaining popularity.

We need the tivo cartoon video back, and with a new hydra theme at the end!!

just spare us the hip-hop or modern music though

the Ultravox sounding 80's music in the video was the best

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
Yep, very nifty. I saw recently where Roku has licensed that capability from TiVo and has incorporated into Roku TVs. If you start watching a show on an OTA channel, you can click to start over in a streaming app if available.
Nifty when the OTA recording is 4:3 and they ota channel stretched or edited it. It still seems lively as it was broadcast live- but you switched to a better uncut version instantly, STNG, STOS, Twilight Zone are fine examples we use this for with OTA/Amazon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.