TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm probably going to be a little controversial here, but everyone asking for the left/right selection/back button functionality, I think you are wrong.

There is a fundamental change in the design of the UI for Hydra. Before there was a "left to go in to something, right to back out" model, the new UI is a select to go in, back to go out model. It would be wrong to use left and right as equivalents for those. Just my opinion, but it hasn't taken me long to get used to select/back and it is consistent with the look of the interface that doesn't have the little "left/right > <" indicators but reflects a more traditional "select" interface.

Probably didn't word that very well, but in my opinion, learn to use "back", it makes sense with the style of the new interface.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would never do such a mean thing to my mother. Her Bolt will remain on the current UI which she barely can figure out as it is. Change with no benefit is not worth the headache of trying to reteach it to her!

I updated my mom's Roamio - she's 85. She seemed a bit confused since there's so much more on the screen. Also it overscans on her Vizio so the little tivo character is partially off-screen. I hope she gets used to it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.