TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
A few comments...

There is an option to choose the full background video or the upper right video window on the main "TiVo Central" page (or whatever they call it now). Personally, I choose the upper right option. The size of that video window is larger than all of the others. I would like to see that size used throughout the menus. I spend very little time on that main page, so the bigger size is wasted on that page. I really like the bigger size because it makes it possible to read smaller text, scores, etc.

On that same option screen, there is an option to hide background images in the guide, etc. I hide the images because it seems like a waste of resources to load those, and they are of no value to me. However, the mini does not have that option, so it is not possible to hide background images on it. Obviously, the video window option doesn't apply, but they need to add the option to hide the background images on the mini.

Overall, I like some things better on Hydra and some things are worse. I don't like that even a single recording of a show is put in a folder. That is just adding wasted button presses. There are also many other things that take more presses than they did on the previous version. They did finally get rid of the annoying audio dropout when opening TiVo Central. I forgot how much that drove me crazy until recently using a box with the Encore UI.

But, the most absurd thing is that I cannot watch recorded shows on a mini if the internet is out. I am not talking about my local network being down; I am talking about just my internet connection. Recently, my internet was down for the first time since I started using Hydra. On the mini, trying to click on My Shows gave an error about the TiVo service being unavailable. I could go to the guide and watch live TV, so I know my connection to the Bolt was there. One of the benefits of a DVR compared to streaming services is the ability to use it without an internet connection. This completely negates that and is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, that's my thoughts for now. I hope TiVo takes our feedback seriously and keeps making updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, that ended up being longer than I expected.

TLDR version:
-make video window bigger
-add "hide background images" option to mini
-require fewer button presses for everyday usage
-allow mini to work for recorded shows when internet is down

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.