TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'm probably going to be a little controversial here, but everyone asking for the left/right selection/back button functionality, I think you are wrong.

There is a fundamental change in the design of the UI for Hydra. Before there was a "left to go in to something, right to back out" model, the new UI is a select to go in, back to go out model. It would be wrong to use left and right as equivalents for those. Just my opinion, but it hasn't taken me long to get used to select/back and it is consistent with the look of the interface that doesn't have the little "left/right > <" indicators but reflects a more traditional "select" interface.

Probably didn't word that very well, but in my opinion, learn to use "back", it makes sense with the style of the new interface.
I have to say I agree including your analysis of the style of the interface. The only issue is for the remotes out there without a back button. In my case with a Harmony it is just a few minutes of programming but for older TiVo remotes the only option is a new remote. Zoom will get you out of the menu but it is still not a one level back

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
So when is Hydra coming if you DON'T request it?

I'm a pretty gigantic fan of the S2/S3 interface, and the Bolt (and I guess Romeo) interface (which IMO, surprisingly, manages to be a mild upgrade overall, with a few very minor downgrades), AND it sounds like Hydra is missing features, and focuses on features I don't use, soooooooo I'm not going to REQUEST it, but...
Right now there is no plan on forcing it out, it will always be by request unless you buy a VOX TiVo. However it has been stated that future development will be mostly for Hydra with Encore/Quattro only getting bug fixes

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I also have a Harmony Elite, and thinking I will remap the [left-arrow] to [tivo-back], and [long-press left-arrow] to [tivo-left]. This will let me continue to use left arrow as back, but still have the left for "favorites". will now be able to map [Harmony Exit] to [Tivo-Exit] instead of Live-TV, which give different results based on what's on screen.
Of course, this is when these commands are made available through Harmony.
I think you will find the commands there, I just logged in to map a back button on my Ultimate Home and I saw all commands available. It turned out [Harmony Stop] was already [TiVo Back] so I was set there

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
A positive comment about Hydra - the Pandora app is a lot better. It loads and starts playing MUCH quicker and I no longer get the occasional 2 - 3 minute pauses between songs. I am fairly certain the pauses were not a Pandora service issue as my phone never did it even on the same network

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.