TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Houston we have a problem.....my Tivo Roamio updated with no issues. My minis no such luck. I've rebooted both minis. It takes you to the old UI and then my screens go blank. Anyone else have the same issue? Any reco wmmendations on how to fix this?
I have it downloading on the mini now. I went and added the mini to the list on the priority upgrade page. Do that wait a bit then force a connection on the mini. It will take a bit of patience to navigate to network settings but it works.

·
Registered
935 Posts
The Bolt+ updated fine.
My Minis (centered TiVo logo) aren't happy. On both I have had to pull the power twice due to blank screens when I initially turned on the TV. After the reboot, both keep flickering with the TiVo click sound. Then, they go to a blank screen. I'm not sure what's happening. Will pull the power a few more times.
I have one on the shelf not hooked up I will try out later that has 20.7.4
Here's what i did. I selected my mini on the priority update page. Waited a bit and forced a connection. Getting to network preferences takes a bit of patience but you'll get there. Once it downloads pull the plug to update. The thumbs down screen won't stay on long enough.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I just noticed something new watching the world series. The info bar pops up automatically when a different show starts. Like TMZ is supposed to be starting at 11:30 and the info bar slid up for that.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Imo navigating the Hydra with the vox remote is much easier. You can say the name of a recording in my shows and it takes you to the watchlist where you can simply press play from there. Deleting a recording can be simplified by letting playback end where the popup asks you.

·
Registered
935 Posts
TiVo Roamio is lagging with Hydra :worried:

I've found that turning off Background Images alleviates the lag.

0 Menu > Settings > User Preferences > My Shows Options > Background images: > Off

It's going to take some time to get used to using the Back button, which feels less intuitive after using the traditional TiVO UI for so long.

One thing I wish they'd do is show movie posters for the recorded movies section.
I've turned that off as well. It looked stupid imo with the rest of it all a dark grey. Why would you put a multi blue color image on tivo home screen?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.