TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Poor assumption by me as I've been with TiVo since the Sony series 1 and we've never had a choice to not upgrade UI/OS before. Even so, has TiVo stated they will continue to do updates, bug fixes, etc for the Old UI? I don't want to stay on it long term if it is now EOL (end of lifed). For now I'll stick with it, may upgrade to Bolt soon anyway and that would come with a new remote I guess. I don't care about Vox features. But between the lack of a back button and no live guide my excitement for Hydra died
You might want to search for all of Tivo_Ted's posts. He indicated Hydra will be the platform that gets developed (or words to that effect).

·
Registered
412 Posts
will this be the standard, "Nobody is forcing you to upgrade, but we're not blackporting new features, and resources for bug fixes will be limited for the legacy version?"
That would be my guess. Like with most software, the vast majority of the support and development resources go to the current version.

1 - 19 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.