TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
From what I remember for older remotes without a back button, the zoom button actually sends different codes, than the zoom button on remotes with a back button sends. Someone with a first gen slide remote (no back button) should try and post how/if it works.
I am using the remotes that came with my old premieres and the zoom button works as the back button. I let everybody use the old remotes as I don't care if they get dropped or damaged.

Reactions: atmuscarella

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I am using the remotes that came with my old premieres and the zoom button works as the back button. I let everybody use the old remotes as I don't care if they get dropped or damaged.
Just an update, the older remotes that came with the Premieres the zoom button is only a back button and not an exit button. With the old remotes you will have to use the Live TV button or set a numbered button for Live TV.
I pulled out the RF remote that came with the Roamios and these remotes have a back button on the left side and a zoom button on the right side. The zoom button functions as the exit button.
Also if you select the guide and exit and then select TiVo Central and exit, hitting the back button will take you back to TiVo Central and pressing it again will take you back to the guide. Hydra seems to work like a browser as you can go back pages when clicking on the back arrow button.

Reactions: tim1724

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I can get my Bolts to output in native at 1080i or 720P but only if those resolutions are checked. As son as you check 1080P24/30 or 2160P24/30, it goes by the framerate,(which it mentions something about on the output page) So then 720P60 gets scaled to 1080P60 and then 1080i gets output as 2160P30 or 1080P30 depending on what you have set. So between that and the three times longer it takes to re-sync resolution and framerate changes in my setups(up to six second now), I am setting my boxes for just 1080P60 output or 2160P60 output.
I don't have a bolt or a UHD TV but I have my Roamio hooked by HDMI, through a Onkyo receiver, to a Pioneer Kuro and I have the multiple resolutions checked except for 1080p60. If you check that resolution then it will ignore all the other resolution settings and only output 1080p60. I can get the box to output 720p, 1080i, and 1080p24, but not 480p 0r 480i. On the SD channels it will output whatever HD resolution you were on before tuning to a SD channel.
The syncing time is pretty quick, about 2 to 4 seconds, and that is going through a receiver that is set to pass through. My other Roamio is hooked directly by HDMI to my other Kuro and the syncing time is the same so the receiver is not the issue.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Note: I am running a pre-release version of the software (RC9) which fixed a number of R7 and R8 bugs. But performance of Hydra in terms of responsiveness has always been good.
I have an occasional slow down with the UI. The lag can be annoying especially when you are used to a certain response with each button press. I am quite used to Hydra now, first day release, and when the UI starts to lag I find I am doing extra button presses as the UI is to slow.
I am on RC8, as I don't own minis just two cable/OTA Roamios, so I don't know what is causing this. Just wonder if you or anybody is seeing this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.