TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 66 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Remote DVR (Device) Scheduling no longer works.
Setting up a new OnePass and single recordings on another DVR
Here are the steps on the old UI:
3) Find a program and press Select
You can also hit Enter after Guide and then use Search to find the program.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
About every 26 hours, I believe.

It never connects during certain hours, something like 6:00 pm to 2:00 am, not sure exactly. A 4:48 pm connection would put the next scheduled in the 6-2 zone, so one is scheduled for after 2:00 am.
You are correct. And if you connect at 5pm, don't expect a guide extension at 3am even though it will be your next connection. Unless you force connections, you will have one day with no added data and one day with two days of data. This is a pattern I have seen all month.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Is there a better place to post/report Hydra bugs? I'd like to be sure that Tivo is actually hearing the problems and we aren't just talking to each other here.
You can try TiVo's own forum -> TiVo Troubleshooting | Discussion Forums | TiVo Help Forums

While it may give you more exposure, don't expect too much. I posted two problems last week. One has been bad since April, one was only a few weeks old. Both are now fixed and I don't know if it was TiVo or just proper planet alignment.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I upgraded one of my basic Roamio boxes last night. Impressions: very nice display. It has a much modern look. No problems finding things which may be due to the UI change recently. I could use it.

After playing with it for about an hour, I followed the removal procedure. I don't really need it and am quite happy with 20.7.4 (bugs and all). I'm waiting for a sale on the new Mini. I may change my mind again.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
On a Mini? I didn't think the minis supported PIP. Or is it just supported in the Guide, and not the rest of the UI?
(Sorry, I always have my PIP turned off on both my Mini and Roamio so they're consistent with each other)
I only has a video window when you hit the Guide button while watching real time TV. And I never watch recordings on my Mini, so I can't comment on that.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
look at the pic thats the hydra colors unless the mini's always looked like that
Here's the thing. I saw the post that the video window "suddenly" appeared. I was going to reply, but I saw this was a Hydra thread. I deleted my post. I wasn't trying to muddy the waters. A question was posed that seem to imply a Mini didn't support the video window. My fault.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Sounds a lot like they do plan to make it mandatory with a future release.
Perhaps. They didn't even push all of 20.7.4 to Premiere boxes. For now I'll keep it simple. I looked at Hydra and saw nothing that was compelling enough to jump in with my clothes on. Maybe by then I'll have a bigger TV. I will buy a Mini VOX if they have a good deal by Monday. But I will drop it down to the old UI. It's good we have a choice (for now).

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I found the following still in SD, at least on my Roamio OTA. YMMV
- Guided Setup
- Antenna signal test
- Antenna channel scan
I'd have to double-check that last one, but I think it was SD. Those are all I've found. Wasn't actually looking for any of them; used each when trying to resolve a channel issue. All are rarely used, so not a big deal.
If you had cable, all the cable card menus are SD. If you need to check the log files, those are SD also. Since Kickstart no longer works, I can't tell if those are still SD.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Observation. I bought a 1TB Roamio OTA on BF. It, and my previously upgraded Roamio are on the Hydra upgrade page. My basic Roamio was missing after I did the upgrade, so I guess they're giving me a second chance. I haven't applied power to the new OTA, so I will find out tomorrow if it's got Hydra.

1 - 19 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.