TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
The you tube bug is not a hydra thing, it is on the old Gen3 platform as well.
Yeah but the series 3 was woefully underpowered for HD so I kinda expected that. But the Bolt has a quadcore ARM7 with three gigs of RAM so it should be a walk in the park to do YouTube, however it isn't.

I skipped series 4, did it ever work properly on that platform?
By Gen3, I'm pretty sure that he means the Gen3 UI (Roamio, Premiere, etc) and not the S3/HD hardware series.

Scott

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
Bookmarks are not new with Hydra. They are links to streaming options for the same show. For example, CBS was having problems Thursday so when I went to watch Big Bang Theory, it was constant pixelation. I deleted the show and selected the "Delete and Replace With Bookmark" option. Now when this episode of BBT is available via streaming (in this case Xfinity OnDemand) it will pop up in My Shows.

Other ways to create bookmarks will sometimes give you options to bookmark whole specific seasons of a show.
I use this for movies that we didn't see in the theater which show up in a Streaming Movies folder in gen 3 UI. I go through the list every so often to see what might be available via streaming or to see if it's available to record.

Scott

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
Unfortunately, no. You're stuck with losing your content and season passes. It comes down to how much stuff you have on your box(es) and how many season passes you would have to recreate.
You can save your 1P/SP with kmttg and upload them after reverting. Also, depending on your cable company, you can do the same with content (Comcast that would be almost all content except movie channels).

Scott

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
I read somewhere that Hydra is using Android (could be wrong).
I don't think that's true. Check the following article which indicates that it's not based on Android but they can/will have an Android version that can run as an Android app which is why I'm thinking that they must still be using Haxe (plus upgrading existing Bolt/Roamio's from gen3 to Hydra probably wouldn't be something they would offer if the OS changed to Android).

TiVo Shows Off Predictive Hydra UI Again | Androidheadlines.com

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.