TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Miles Standish Proud
Joined
·
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like the 8.1.7c2 update has resolved the most severe Tivo HD problems. Great job, Tivo!

Now that we have the bulk of the biggest bugs taken care of, what issues still remain?

More importantly, what new features would you like to see?

Wish List
1. TTG (Coming in November)
2. MRV (Coming in November)
3. eSATA port enabled (by Jan 2008?)
4. Faster menu response
5. HD Unbox content
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
23,268 Posts
They never resolved the mono sound from analog channel recordings. That seems major to me, rendering the recordings almost useless.

The only reason I don't care about it now is because I now have FIOS TV on my TiVoHD boxes and all the channels are digital and those recordinsg never had the mono audio problems.
 

·
Miles Standish Proud
Joined
·
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BlackBetty said:
HD Unbox content.....Thats an Amazon issue, not TiVo.
First rule... There are no rules! ;)

Second rule, it doesn't necessarily have to be a problem, bug or issue. It can be a completely new feature that may (or may not) directly involve Tivo. Unbox HD is a perfect example.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,631 Posts
In addition to those ideas mentioned above:
  1. Prioritize live viewing over Suggestions. If one tuner is occupied with a recording, do not record suggestions on the second tuner if the user has clicked any remote button in last 15 minutes. If the user has not clicked any remote button in the previous 15 minutes, display a confirmation that asks if the user wants to continue watching the current program or switch channels to record the suggestion. Do not ask the user to cancel the scheduled recording on the other tuner.
  2. For keyword wishlists, parse the original air date field. At the moment, years specified with a keyword wishlist do not search the original air date unless the movie category is selected. For example, suppose you want to find all Seinfeld episodes from 1996? Or all CSI episodes from 2005? At the moment, it is not possible to do that.
  3. Add a wishlist category for season premieres / pilots.
  4. Add a wishlist subcategory to make HD preferable, but not required, to eliminate the need to create duplicate wishlists for HD and SD programs.
 

·
Miles Standish Proud
Joined
·
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bkdtv,

#3 is HUGE! I have wanted this for so long I forgot to list it! You would think with all of the guru guides and showcases and other mechanisms at Tivo's disposal, we could get this very basic BUT hugely important information.

It would even be cooler if the premiere list was based on channels that we select. Perhaps our favorite channels list or something similar. But I digress. I would be happy with anything close!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
eSata port is enabled now. It's just not setup to automatically put an image on the drive though. Check out the post by Spike2k5

CCourtney
 

·
tivo lover
Joined
·
379 Posts
after viewing a tivo suggestion, and not wanting anymore of them, be able to ban it from recording in the future. yes, i keep giving thumbsdown to certain suggested shows, but they keep being added anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Here's one that should be SW upgradeable.

Let you chose stations to NEVER automatically record something from. For example, I don't want to eliminate the HGTV station, but I don't want anything recorded on it either.

Currently you need to remove it from the lineup. Instead do a thumbs-down option for the channel like you do a thumbs-up option to add the channel to the favorites channel list. Making it a non favorite channel.

With this you'd also be able to eliminate the tivo suggested recordings from an SD channel or OTA channel to pick up the HD cable channel instead w/o necessarily removing the other channels from your overall lineup.

CCourtney
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
dolfer said:
Well, it looks like the 8.1.7c2 update has resolved the most severe Tivo HD problems. Great job, Tivo!

Now that we have the bulk of the biggest bugs taken care of, what issues still remain?

More importantly, what new features would you like to see?

Wish List
1. TTG (Coming in November)
2. MRV (Coming in November)
3. eSATA port enabled (by Jan 2008?)
4. Faster menu response
5. HD Unbox content
eSATA has been enabled on the TiVo HD.... Just NOT officially. Then again, eSATA has NOT been officialy enabled on the S3 either, although it is easier to install and get working than on a TiVo HD.

TGC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Chimpware said:
UPnP support for NAS/Other Sources so Tivo could play files hosted on servers/NAS without Tivo Desktop.
Here here... I second & third that one!

I have several NAS devices on my network with about 6 terabytes worth of goodies, that I would love to be able to view directly with my TiVO WITHOUT having to use another computer and TiVo Desktop!

TGC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
dolfer said:
bkdtv,

#3 is HUGE! I have wanted this for so long I forgot to list it! You would think with all of the guru guides and showcases and other mechanisms at Tivo's disposal, we could get this very basic BUT hugely important information.

It would even be cooler if the premiere list was based on channels that we select. Perhaps our favorite channels list or something similar. But I digress. I would be happy with anything close!
I vote for this one too! Its a royal pain the opposite end at the beggining of every season to hunt find & season pass NEW shows & season priemeres of shows that are returning. I always end up missing one somehow.

TGC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
CCourtney said:
Here's one that should be SW upgradeable.

Let you chose stations to NEVER automatically record something from. For example, I don't want to eliminate the HGTV station, but I don't want anything recorded on it either.

Currently you need to remove it from the lineup. Instead do a thumbs-down option for the channel like you do a thumbs-up option to add the channel to the favorites channel list. Making it a non favorite channel.

With this you'd also be able to eliminate the tivo suggested recordings from an SD channel or OTA channel to pick up the HD cable channel instead w/o necessarily removing the other channels from your overall lineup.

CCourtney
What about just making it possible to "Thumbs Up" :up: or "Thumbs Down" :down: Channels. That would tell the suggestion(s) to include or not include those in the wish lists. Just like the TV shows but only channels.

TGC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
1. SDV/Two way communication
2. Performance
3. HD Menus
4. Better TiVo/Computer integration

Since TTG/TTCB and eSATA are upcoming I dont put them on my list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,445 Posts
BlackBetty said:
HD Unbox content.....Thats an Amazon issue, not TiVo.
Not completely true. Most likely TiVo will have to make software changes to support this as well. Because not all TiVos will support HD content, it will probably require changes on the TiVo backend so Amazon can know which sources support HD content.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Not really a huge deal, but I'd really like to see multiple zoom levels based on input source. Either that or a way to crop the picture manually. So those of us using HDMI can implement a 5% overscan of sorts on the TiVo itself. Allowing us to watch SD content without the flickering on Line 1.

My electrical tape covering the top 3mm of my TV screen works, but it ain't pretty. :(
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top