TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched through several of the Tivo HD problem threads and didn't see a known issue.

Has anyone noticed a problem with their Tivo HD where when you are watching a previously recorded program and are fast forwarding when you push play it moves forward instead of going backward? Like if I push play while fas forwarding at the 7 minute mark it will go forward to the 8 minute mark? It doesn't happen every time with every recording and seems to only happen when using the 2nd and 3rd levels of fast forward.

My series 2 doesn't do this.

·
Registered
648 Posts
It was a known problem with the Series 3 before the latest software upgrade fixed it. Are you with Verizon Fios? It seemed to happen more to those users.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, Brighthouse Communications. I have seen it happen with both SD and HD content. Like I said, doesn't happen every time. Just enough to make you mad :)

I thought that the latest Tivo HD update had cured the problem but it crept up again with Jaws in HD over the weekend.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Are they using Scientific Atlanta CableCards?

If so, that is probably the cause. Tivo has a software patch in testing now eliminate the issues -- including pixelization, audio dropouts, and skips -- associated with SA CableCards. Tivo posted last week that release was a few weeks off, so we should see it within the next two weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to double check but I believe my cards are both Motorola. Will it cause problems if I eject my cards to look? I haven't had any of the pixelation issues that others have mentioned.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've seen this issue on a couple of recorded shows, I have SA Cable cards in a Tivo HD and have the macroblocking issue as well on the B2 release of the software. I was going to wait for the next patch release before making an issue as it only happens on a few recorded shows that I notice.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
tswyatt21 said:
I will have to double check but I believe my cards are both Motorola. Will it cause problems if I eject my cards to look? I haven't had any of the pixelation issues that others have mentioned.
Under Settings -> CableCard -> Cable Card Menu -> CableCard Status it will tell you the manufacturer of your CableCards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts