TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone Identify the model number of this TVIO box. I turned it in to Optimum because they said my loss of caller ID on the TV would be fixed by using their Optimum tv box. It did not fix the problem and I hate their box, and would like to get TVIO back. They no longer have the boxes, and my original boxes disappeared within an hour. Go figure. I have had this TIVO box forever and am not familiar with any new or upgrade. Just want to get TVIO back

Attachments

· Registered
787 Posts
Most cable providers are no longer using TiVo based boxes in their system so u can't get them back. Only option would be to get a regular retail TiVo. However, u would also need to get a cable card for a retail TiVO to use with with your cable company. From my understanding, Optimum is one of the cable TV providers who is also no longer supporting or issuing cable cards (since FCC dropped its mandate) so you can't go this route either. I think you are basically out of luck to get TiVo back in your area.

I have a Roamio & am with Xfinity. While they supposedly still support cable cards, I'm not sure how much longer & this is the similar reason I stay with them. I may be able to get a better "deal", but don't want to switch my plan (& maybe have to use their junk equipment) in fear of losing TiVO forever; even if there are probably better options out there. In my opinion, the Tivo experience really is still the best DVR user experience. unfortunately, its dying a slow death here. Will probably pick up steam here as more cable companies continue to not allow new subscribers obtain cable cards. Sad!!

· Registered
8,329 Posts
There is no TiVo in that picture that you can buy. It must have been a cable-operator-only box.

If they will not rent it to you again then your only option is to purchase a retail TiVo and use a cable card.

Before assuming that Optimum will not issue new cable cards, ask them and check their website.

If they do still offer cards, buy a TiVo and get a card.

If they do not, then you cannot use TiVo.

Without knowing what TiVo rental you had previously from them, it’s not possible to know what software it was running and whether new retail TiVos will have the same.

So a TiVo you buy at retail may not look and have all the same features as you are used to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts