TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently upgraded to tivo hd, and have been dealing with Charter to get the cablecards working. Cablecard 2 works fine, but Cablecard 1 only works with analog channels. I noticed in the diagnostics pages that both cablecards think they are Tuner 0. According to Tivo, Tuner 0 should be Cablecard 2 only. Does anyone know what the problem could be and what can be done? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I upgraded to Tivo HD in Long Beach CA, The tivo can see both cards and sports the gray page stating 'call your cable company, here's the cable card #, here's the HOST ID"

Good News:
1. Tivo can see and recognize both cards
2. Charter rep called in the HOST IDs and Charter can see both cards being used so 'pairing' the cards worked

Bad News:
1. I only get 'some' of the channels to show up, meaning some channels are not be decoded (gray screen nothing on it)

Anyone find a work around for this? I have 'basic extended with Charter'.
I wonder if temporarily I order a larger package if the cards will decode correctly.

·
------ Alan ------
806 Posts
futurefront said:
I only get 'some' of the channels to show up, meaning some channels are not be decoded (gray screen nothing on it)
i believe that's what you're supposed to be looking for when the 'instructions for cablecard installers' that comes in the TiVoHD box say in item 9:

'be sure to test the customer's encrypted channels'

i'd say that your installation of whichever cablecard is misbehaving was not completed properly.
--
Alan :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.