TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Tivo has sent out an extensive survey for the Stream via email

2K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  ElT60 
#1 · (Edited)
Heads up, Tivo is sending out surveys to folks about the Stream. It's a very extensive survey and it seems they are aware of the issues based on the questions they are asking.

Various questions you would expect are there (what do you like, what don't you like about it...) where you can actually voice your opinion. You are also entered to win some Amazon gift cards, but the possibility of some folks at Tivo seeing direct feedback is worth it alone for me.

Also of note - if you complete the survey, you'll possibly be invited to be a Beta Tester as they seem to have opened that program for the Stream.

Here's the juiciest bit - a question about what would help well, "improve" your Tivo Stream 4K "experience":

Setup
  • Make it easier to get through initial setup
  • Make it easier to log into my streaming services
  • Make it easier to get my remote control to work with my TV/receiver

Software quality
  • Fix issue with switching inputs on my TV or receiver (CEC issue)
  • Improve general software quality (fix bugs, etc.)
  • Improve product stability (reduce reboots and crashes)
  • Improve speed and performance

Integration
  • Improve the integrated program information (descriptions, information about who offers each show/movie, images, etc.)
  • Integrate additional streaming live TV services (Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, AT&T TV Now, etc.)
  • Integrate additional streaming apps into the TiVo Stream app (so I can search, browse, add programs to My Shows, and get recommendations)
  • Let me import my watch lists/queues from integrated streaming services (like Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, etc.)

Enhancements
  • More/better personalized content
  • Give me a way to get local TV channels
  • Let me quickly filter results/recommendations for "free" vs. "paid"
  • Include star ratings for movies and TV shows
  • Make it easier to tell what programs are recorded on Sling TV
  • Improve Sling TV recording controls (how many episodes record, include or exclude reruns, etc.)
  • Allow TiVo Stream 4K to stream recordings from my TiVo DVR

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes at this point even if they fixed plethora of bugs on current version, unless they are planning on releasing a version with a revised remote that has useful ff/play/few buttons instead of a bunch of mostly useless number buttons I wouldn't even consider buying another or recommending it to anyone. A lot of people have mentioned the initial impulse to buy this was for the familiar TiVo remote form factor, but unfortunately TiVo even botched that.

#6 ·
I've been part of many TiVo beta programs over the years, but to be honest even the quality of those has declined considerably last few years. The last one I did was so bad/embarrassing I promised myself never to bother joining another. I'll give brutally honest feedback about the TS4K but will not join any TiVo beta program any longer.

#11 ·
I got the survey and spent the time giving them my honest (and brutal) feedback on the TS4K. For me, being in a Tivo Beta is like beating your head against the wall repeatedly. Worst Tivo Beta experience for me was Hydra. Bug after bug reported in Beta was ignored. After the official release of Hydra, it was painful to watch post after post on these forums of everything that came up in Beta, coming up again in the release.

#12 ·
I bet 100% if responses check the box for streaming recordings from other TiVo's lol
Not me. I've never used a TiVo product before and so don't have one now. I really only care about the TS4K as a bang-for-your-buck streaming device. I told them that, of course, and also checked the box that was something like "I didn't realize TiVo was still around" when they asked about how I felt about TiVo as a brand :tearsofjoy:

#19 ·
can they end the black screens? the SLing buffering? integrate OTA channels, other services?, how about making it a tivo? a record button? pause live tv on all channels. Integrate a service with more than 50 gb of cloud storage? allow local storage of recordings.

#21 ·
You don't see any value in finding out what bugs people the most so they can prioritize fixing those things first? I'm assuming you didn't actually get or take the survey, or you'd know that half of it is in regards to the Stream app and the way you use the device, not just asking what you like and don't like about the TS4K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.